How To Cut Losses?what Parameters To Use?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dsq

dsq

"Sorry to intrude into a daytrade heaven but I've noticed that one of the posters mentioned that he/she made more money swing/position trading. Why in the world you'd switched then to the day trading?"

NASDAQ melt-up,melt-down,dot bomb,net mania implosion.If you traded in the 90's you'd know what happened to overnight positions.Kinda like CROX, but everyday.No thanks,however with dow 30 position trading is a lot safer...However,once bitten,twice shy...

#21     Dec 28, 2007
  2. gbond52

gbond52

Perhaps........ but then everyone in the market would be a day trader and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that DT it is working for you. But in my experience everyone that I new who got involved with day trading never made any money that is worth to spick of or worth. On the other hand seems that swing and position is working much better for well disciplined traders with good money management and capital preservation discipline.

And yes the market is very difficult right now. Subprime and uncertainty about US and world economy, political crap freight and domestic and other factors are make the near term direction of the market uncertain those making swing and position more difficult. But even in this market there are stocks that you can make money. Just have to work a bit harder but they are out there. Just take a look at the last two three month of something like long VIP, CF, MA, AAPL just to mention a few.

And playing puts on the financials C, WM and other in the same basket could make you a small fortune.

Just my take.
    :p

#22     Dec 28, 2007