How to cut education without libs going bat shit crazy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 4, 2011.

1. just for kicks maybe you can explain to me how one would go about teaching creationism?

#31     Mar 4, 2011
  2. lol. you mean this. if you put multicolored sticks in front of you animals when they breed they will have multicolored offspring.:

"Then Jacob took fresh sticks of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the sticks. He set the sticks that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, the flocks bred in front of the sticks and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted." (ESV)

#32     Mar 4, 2011
  3. Not much different that teaching science, really. Just because we believe God created us, does not affect the outcome of scientific principles or experiments.

Believing you are decended from a 5 million year old monkey does not in any way advance us as a race. If anything it hurts us psychologically because we believe we are smaller than what we are.

#33     Mar 4, 2011
  4. No...I mean he separated the multicolored sheep from the pure white ones in the passage you obviously read before posting that one. (nice try, trying to discredit me though!) :)

“Don’t give me anything,” Jacob replied. “But if you will do this one thing for me, I will go on tending your flocks and watching over them: 32 Let me go through all your flocks today and remove from them every speckled or spotted sheep, every dark-colored lamb and every spotted or speckled goat. They will be my wages. 33 And my honesty will testify for me in the future, whenever you check on the wages you have paid me. Any goat in my possession that is not speckled or spotted, or any lamb that is not dark-colored, will be considered stolen.”

34 “Agreed,” said Laban. “Let it be as you have said.” 35 That same day he removed all the male goats that were streaked or spotted, and all the speckled or spotted female goats (all that had white on them) and all the dark-colored lambs, and he placed them in the care of his sons. 36 Then he put a three-day journey between himself and Jacob, while Jacob continued to tend the rest of Laban’s flocks.

#34     Mar 4, 2011
  5. Simple, its a little like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The hardest part is all the BS you've got to convince people of to explain it.

#35     Mar 4, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You are talking about two different things here. Efficacy, and meaning.

#36     Mar 4, 2011
  7. why do you suppose enlightened christian scientists accept evolution?

Actually, I find no conflict here, and neither apparently do the 40 percent of working scientists who claim to be believers. Yes, evolution by descent from a common ancestor is clearly true. If there was any lingering doubt about the evidence from the fossil record, the study of DNA provides the strongest possible proof of our relatedness to all other living things. By Dr. Francis Collins
    Special to CNN Editor's note: Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., is the director of the Human Genome Project. His most recent book is "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief." http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/collins.commentary/index.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

and 12000 clergy accept evolution?
    http://blue.butler.edu/~mzimmerm/Christian_Clergy/ChrClergyLtr.htm

We the undersigned, Christian clergy from many different traditions, believe that the timeless truths of the Bible and the discoveries of modern science may comfortably coexist. We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as “one theory among others” is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children.

#37     Mar 4, 2011
  8. Leave it to Free Thinker and hijack the thread and get so far off topic and turn it into a religious debate. I think Free Thinker brings up God 10 times more often than the average Christian. Whats that about anyway?

#38     Mar 4, 2011
  9. Why is it that the very people who are the most likely to propose home schooling are the least capable of accomplishing it? Why does it not surprise me that peil advocates educational inbreeding?

#39     Mar 4, 2011
  10. checkmate

#40     Mar 5, 2011