How to cut education without libs going bat shit crazy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 4, 2011.

1. cstfx

cstfx

school vouchers

#21     Mar 4, 2011
  2. funny how 99% of scientists that make their living studying evolution are sure its a fact yet some bible thumper sitting at home by his kitchen table who has never cracked a biology book is positive its false.

#22     Mar 4, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I was entertaining the merits of your idea, until this.

#23     Mar 4, 2011
  4. Yeah...Imagine those scientists if they discovered that evolution wasnt a fact. They would be out of a job and with all those 100s of thousands of dollars of school loans to pay. Kind of makes you think they have an incentive to keep the theory going...just like the way cancer research never gets anywhere because they know they will lose all that funding if they find a cure. Once scientists have another somewhat credible theory that doesnt have to do with God, they will abandon evolution and run with that ball. Mark my words.

#24     Mar 4, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Interesting
    Agreed

No argument from me here.

#25     Mar 4, 2011
  6. Hard thing to let go, isnt it? For 12 years from kindergarten until high school (and beyond for some people) you have had it drilled into your head that you evolved. I used to believe the same thing and I couldnt let it go either. I was sure that science never makes mistakes and someone smarter than me would've debunked it earlier if it wasnt true. Then I started reading about evolution in detail and checking how they come to their conclusions and when you get in it that deep, you see the theory just falls apart.

Think about it...why do you believe in evolution? Because you saw a few pictures of monkey skulls in a row that looked similar and similar to a human skull, right? like most people, I believe you probably havent done much more research beyond that.

But evolution vs creationism should be looked at like voting...listen to both sides of the argument, then the counter argument and then the counter to the counter argument. Then see who is right.

#26     Mar 4, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I guess if evolution is a fraud, then there has been no such thing as selective breeding, and so we should fire all our farmers and ranchers.

#27     Mar 4, 2011
  8. the scientist that would find any piece of evidence that would falsify the toe would be a worldwide sensation. he would be up for a nobel prize in science.
    a thinking person might ask themselves why some christian creationist hasnt found any evidence to falsify the toe.

#28     Mar 4, 2011
  9. In the bible, Jacob practiced selective breeding when he was working for his future father in law. So its not the same thing.

#29     Mar 4, 2011
  10. No, he would be discredited and none of the atheists in control would publish his work.

#30     Mar 4, 2011