How to cut education without libs going bat shit crazy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy

My wife is a board certified NYS teacher who does not work in the public school system. She does home based teaching for kids with special needs. We have discussed the drawbacks and benefits of home based schooling for our children and socialization was not a drawback. The kids go to dance class on the weekends, plays, shows, gym...etc. Socialization as an excuse to send them to PS is BS. You go to school to learn, not show off your new clothes and learn how to dish out /receive drama.

Even better then home schooling are the results private institutions get.

Allow parents to opt out of the portion of property tax that fund the public school failure, in my county 80% of tax bill is schooling with 80% of that going to fucking teacher pensions. And allow us to use that money to send kids to a private institution/charter school.

Public schools have failed. Its time to trigger the stop loss and evolve people.

#11     Mar 4, 2011
  2. homeschooling is big in my state. very few rules. anyone can yank their kid out of school and homeschool them. it is usually used by religious folk to keep the children ignorant of science. no evolution taught there.

#12     Mar 4, 2011
  3. Crispy

Crispy

I would move. Sounds pathetic.

#13     Mar 4, 2011
  4. Goober wants to perpetuate his species...

Being exposed to different ideas, different cultures, people of different religious beliefs, people of different color is not something that Goober wants.

#14     Mar 4, 2011
  5. Yeah, I knew one of those kids. From kindergarten to high school he had an average GPA of 4.2. He was a total nerd and really socially inept. What happened to him? He got into Cal-tech and gravitated to smarter people that understood him. I think he has got a pretty meaningful life for himself now. Last I heard he became a scientist at NASA.

#15     Mar 4, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

In my experience most parents are not willing to take the time to put their kids into lots of those after school activities. It wasnt until I left home that i truly realised the sacrifice my parents made to put me in hockey, and baseball, and golf, football, etc. and drive me around and watch all my stuff.

Imagine if the parents were also stuck with the kids all day(because they were homeschooled.).....

In terms of bullying, you have to learn at some point that some people are assholes. That is part of the reason why some kids have such huge problems after being homeschooled for their elementary years. When you take a kid out of a safe haven where he never had to deal with any of that then throw him into highschool they have no idea what to do about it.

#16     Mar 4, 2011
  7. They'd probably end up spending countless hours on Elite Trader.

#17     Mar 4, 2011
  8. They teach them about evolution, they just teach them more about it than you learned. When a person learns more and more about evolution, they come to realize that its a complete joke.

Anyway, Home schooled children generally earn more money in the life than public schooled children. I guess believing you're a monkey makes you work for peanuts.

#18     Mar 4, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

Parents home schooling their kids could be required to make their kids log into the ET P&R forum and see there are plenty of liberturd bullies in the world. I think they would get a great education in bullying and narrowmindedness displayed by the lefties here. :D

#19     Mar 4, 2011
  10. I agree with the other poster about social skills and development and that would be my number one concern about homeschooling. That being said, if a kid is a genius, he's probably not going to adapt easily in a school setting either. At least not until he reaches a certain age where kids get past the juvenile bullying and peer pressure.

Either way, social skills are far more important for the other 99% of the population that really need to combine their intellect with social skills to get ahead.

#20     Mar 4, 2011