How to cut down crime drastically imo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Exactly right. In this situation the shooter needs to have good clean shots, be able to shoot staight in a high stress situation, and then know the precise moment to dial it back. Real tough to do. Most gun owners are not capable of this which is why I have concerns about CC permits. Hitting a target at the range isn't quite the same as this type situation.

#41     Jul 18, 2012
  2. CC permits can be issued with training. I personally believe that every woman should be competent with a .22

Might make a potential rapist think twice. As it stands here in Illinois, if you shot a rapist dead in a parking deck, you are going to catch a gun charge. Illinois takes a dim view on gun charges. This is personal to me because I have walked countless women to their cars for fear of assault. If they had some training, and were comfortable with a .22, they could at least have a chance at defense.

Right now, not so much.

#42     Jul 18, 2012
  3. I agree. Lot's of training and a extensive background check, and then more training. Did I mention training? Lot's of training.

#43     Jul 18, 2012
  4. Mos def. But right now, Illinois does not even give that option. A gun charge in this state can ruin your life, no joke.

Maybe one day......

I have friends in Austin, and lately they have really been pulling on me. I only stay for one reason.

#44     Jul 18, 2012
  5. Eight

Eight

I moved to an area where I see about one black person over the span of a month.. I don't need a gun. Occasionally some Mexicans stab each other but it's usually about 2-3am when that stuff happens, I'm asleep by 10pm... They are keeping it quiet but the kids at the university here have been ripping the blacks a new one. They come to town on weekends to sell drugs and pimp. One of them got gutted, he attacked some guys and one put him through the air and another one cut his belly in flight! His guts were all over the place but they got him to a horsepistol and he's probably back in LA sucking up disability money.

#45     Jul 18, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Just curious. Since your user name is only one 8 ("Eight") rather than the conventional two, does it represent the Heil or the Hitler? Either way, it must have been a high price for you to pay for just a bit of added nuance, eh?

#46     Jul 18, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

You're pro-life?

#47     Jul 18, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Gosh, I wonder where this is going...

#48     Jul 18, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Was just curious. He said the believes in the sanctity of life. Fair question no? Isn't it also fair to ask a conservative who is pro-life if they are pro-war?

#49     Jul 18, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Not to mention pro-capital punishment...

One point of view seems to be more context driven, whereas the other just seems rather inconsistent. Guess which is which.

#50     Jul 18, 2012