How to cut down crime drastically imo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jul 17, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I was thinking old Marine while I was watching.

Could be wrong but his stance when firing looked like experienced folks you see at the pistol range.

Instead of taking a head-shot at point blank he shot for the center of mass on that first shot. That final shot through the narrow door opening was impressive as well.

Fun video.

Must have been a very small caliber for them to keep running like that. I'm thinking .380 auto or maybe a S&W Model-41 .22 LR with the short barrel. I've got one with the 7-inch barrel. No knock-down power but I can put 9 shots into someone's face in about 2.5 seconds from a respectable distance despite having no talent with a pistol.

I'm glad that no patrons were killed and that the perps survived.

#11     Jul 17, 2012
  2. I know you're a tough guy phoenix but think about the all the innocent people in there if the 2 robbers had starting shooting back

#12     Jul 17, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Not sure why you would say that as I can't remember Phoenix posting about gun play or fighting etc.

I witnessed a bank robbery when I was 16 from the drive-through lane where I was sitting on a motorcycle. I saw a guy hop over the counter (through the drive-through window) and shoot a teller in the head. It turned out afterwards that he was using blanks and she simply fainted but for a minute it looked like he shot her execution style. He ran out of the bank and right in front of me and said something like "don't be stupid". The FBI came to my house to interview me but I wasn't home so they just talked to my mom. Gotta love LA. :)

#13     Jul 17, 2012
  4. If you were in the old man shoes what would you have done ?

#14     Jul 17, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Uh, I would have waited. I might not have shot them at all if they were just robbing the business and leaving the patrons alone.

My dad got a terrible gunshot wound in Korea in the infantry and I grew up seeing the huge hole in his leg. I also knew a couple of guys with gunshot wounds from when we grew up in the city.

I would be pretty reluctant to shoot someone. There would have to be a real threat to my person or maybe towards a family member.

I'm not a coward but I've seen enough to not want to inflict that kind of damage unless the circumstances were very grim. Also I suck with a pistol so I would be concerned about hitting one of the customers or staff.

#15     Jul 17, 2012
  6. I agree 100 %.Its not being cowardly at all to react that way imo

I'm on my 3rd Heineken,a toast to your father [​IMG]

#16     Jul 17, 2012
  7. LOL, it only takes 1 second to kill someone, so how exactly are you going to react to save that patron in the time the bullet leaves the criminals gun and kills someone?

I don't think they are going to advertise "hey, im ready to kill now, you have a minute to try and stop me" :p

#17     Jul 17, 2012

8. Most people aren't killed in robberys,the odds are already on your side that they will just take your money .The 2 morons in that video said the same and didn't even have the capability to kill everyone with their broke rusty gun

Odds are much worse for multiple lives lost if you shoot and they shoot back in such a small place.I wouldn't want anybody shot but I wouldn't draw until they fired a shot or I knew they were about to start executing people

The problem for a guy carrying is if they start searching pockets for phones and money they will see your gun.If they start doing that I'm shooting before they discover I 'm carrying

#18     Jul 17, 2012
  9. Illum

Illum

How many whiny posts will you make about not standing up? What if this happened or that, blah blah blah. Somebody finally shot some thugs, GOOD

#19     Jul 17, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I said that I would have waited. I didn't say anything about saving anyone.

I would not have submitted to being searched.

Thats about all I can say for certain.

It would have been more like Pulp Fiction and less like Gunfight at the OK Corral. :D

#20     Jul 17, 2012