How to create my own index

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cunparis, Aug 25, 2008.

1. raker

raker

My Appologies about the confusion between the two , the quad core is more than enough as well as its hyperthreading technology which is ideal for the tasks within neoticker , dont know much about ninja trader except i thought about it as an add on to neoticker to connect to brokers but have not as i am not sure how much i would trust any retail platform to fully automate your own program into orders especially in volatile markets , I have heard horror stories of orders not getting filled but thats another discussion.

#41     Jun 9, 2009
  2. i know that it is 100% possible to create your own index in protrader multistation http://profstation.com/.

because it is declared in their manual...

here it is see tools->Custom Index
    http://www.protrader.net/doc/NetStation/FX.htm

#42     Jun 9, 2009
  3. Same boat here, I'm completely sick of waiting. The problem though is if you plunk down the cash for neoticker, spend the time learning it then NT7 does exactly what you want it to do thats going to be pretty annoying. since it would probly happen at about the same time.
    I did read NT7 is switching to some type of SQL for its database instead of that mess they have now. I would think part of the multi instrument problems with it now is they didn't have that in mind when things got moving.
    I seriously contemplate all the time moving to matlab + a real database, putting in the grunt work and being able to forget about "trading software" forever.
    It really is annoying, you would think we are talking about quantum mechanics here as opposed to collecting and doing basic math on data.

#43     Jun 9, 2009
  4. I was brought to the attention of this thread by our clients.

I wanted to clarify a few things,

1. See many complains in our forum - of course, it is the channel for end users, especially retail clients, to communicate with us. Unlike many firms simply delete complains and leaving only compliments in their boards, we choose to let people tell us what they think. Many old issues that are mentioned on the board has been taken care of years ago. It is just part of NeoTicker's history.

2. NeoTicker is very powerful. Its design and feature set is many years ahead of its potential competitors, no matter how hard they try. It is created to address specific needs - enable one to research complex mkt behaviours. Power users pushing the limit of NeoTicker would then push the limit of their computers at the same time. That leads to instability sometimes. I have been using NeoTicker myself for many years now and I have not encounter stability issues on my trading computer for a long time.

3. Most of our users are not our forum members because they are usually part of some larger organizations. We work with these firm programmers who in turn handle the support/setup issues with their firm traders. That's our primary focus as we are not a big firm trying to please the public in general. Retail clients who are willing to work with us, we are willing to work with them to better utilize the full potential of NeoTicker.

4. Trading is a very personal thing. That is especially true for discretionary traders. The workflow with one platform may fit you perfectly while using another one can make you uncomfortable. It is a good thing that there are many platforms to choose from. It is best to find a software that fits your personality as oppose to the other way around.

#44     Jun 9, 2009
  5. Just to vouch for ninjatrader, I've never had any problems with ninjatrader not filling orders. I've had some bugs where an order would trigger when it shouldn't but that was due to me not understanding how ninjatrader closes bars (the last bar of the session is closed at the open of the next session).

anyway, the fills aren't a problem with ninjatrader. strategies working during these volatile times are another story.. ;)

#45     Jun 9, 2009