How to convince wife to let me trade full time?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Hardo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Niiiiiiiice. Congratulations and good luck!!!!!

#121     Apr 27, 2010
  2. Congratulations on your decision and determination to trade full time. I do think that your phrasing in your title may have thrown some guys off in the beginning but perhaps you were just speaking in a certain light. You stated that your wife won't let you trade full time but you never listed her objections. You subsequently stated that your wife doesn't have a college degree nor a career since it would be hard for her job to provide health insurance for the family. It is obvious that your wife has been conditioned to be mediocre and to merely exist and not to live. I grew up in a background where you went to school then you got a job and then you died. I was in the similar situation but my wife has a master's degree and a 6 figure job at a large retail bank. I had a business and traded profitably part time for 4 years prior to us getting married and one day I told her that I was selling the business and going to trade full time. I basically told her what I wanted to do, how I was going to do it, and gave her 3 possible roles that she could play in the endeavor. Women like a man that is confident and that has a plan...whether you fail or not then becomes secondary but it also becomes less likely. The biggest problem that you will have is that your wife may act like you are playing damn tetris, or World of Warcraft or some shit while you are trading and ask you to do shit for her since she doesn't understand what all is involved with intraday trading.
    I also advise you to prepare for success...many of the trolls on ET can give you pointers on how to deal with failure(they know who they are). It was quite a shock to me when I had to pay more in taxes than I'd ever made in a year. It is really a jolt to the system having to write a check for damn near a hundred grand to good old Uncle Sam. I wish you much success and I know that you have what it takes to make it. Trading is a business and there is no time like the present.

#122     Apr 28, 2010
  3. Sheik

Sheik

I wish you much success Hardo!!!

#123     Apr 28, 2010