How to close

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by armoured saint, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

Holy fuck, watching all these clips are bringing back memories. After I washed out of the brokerage biz, I tried telemarketing selling little trinkets business to business. I hardly made a dime at it, but honest to god, there were people making 6 figures at it.

There were a few sales managers who tried to motivate like the ones you see in that clip, but it didn't work. If someone were to get in my face and insult me like that I would simply get up and walk out and go next door where the management shows repspect for it's salespeople.

At Stuart James we had some fat bloated asshole come down to our office because it was floundering. His name was Dennis Albany. He pointed at the board that had all the brokers names on it and how much commision they had generated. The bottom half of the board was all zeros, inlcuding me, but it was because we were all new and it was a bear market. He said, "those guy will always be there", as if we were choosing to fail. but eventually the whole firm went under, maybe his name is at the bottom of some sales board now. Fucking fat loser.

Our firm did an IPO in the middle of the 1990 bear market. It was for Green Burrito, if you are in southern cal you may have seen their restaraunts before they merged with Carl's Jr. The day it came out it just kind of sat there, down a little from the offering price. Fat ass Dennis Albany called down to our office and we all had to sit in a conference room with him on the speaker phone in the middle of the table while he was yelling insults. One of the senior brokers said something back, I don't remember what, and Albany didn't quite hear it so he tried to guess who it was and he asked the broker he thought it was to repeat it. He guessed wrong about who it was, and the guy denied he said anything, so that just made fat ass even madder. He just kept ranting and raving thinking it would motivate it to get us to sell more stock. I think it was a few years before the thing even got back to it's offering price. Haha. Fuck you Dennis Albany where ever the fuck you are.

#11     Jan 16, 2008
  2. Couple of pedigrees there. Whew. How come they always had "james" or "charles " in the names???

Thomas James, Charles James, James Charles, edward Charles. Always sounded like a New England neighborhood, when it really was the 'Hood.

anyway, I was master of the famous "Door Close". But I'm keeping it a secret in case I want to sell vacuum cleaners.

#12     Jan 16, 2008
  3. I do have a couple Penny stories, but they're about getting people out of something they got in.

This money manager I had an account w/ and I made him good money, had a dark side to him, and when he got fired, he left behind 600,000 shares of this piece of shit, VYREX, that "traded" at 5 1/2 by 6 1/4, "trading" being the operative word.

So, this nice lady takes over, and she thinks she knows what she's doing, but she doesn't know this side of the business. She knows "vyrex" is going to their "office" where you go up wooden stairs in the back of a building, and a dumpster is next to the stairs. I know a market maker, call him, he gives me a lead. I kill my self telling her to take 5, or 4 3/4, and she's fighting me everystep of the way. She knows it's a piece of shit, but she wants to hit the bid.

Anyway, I get her, kicking and screaming, to sell it to some chop shop well under the market who was pitching the shit, and I can see the sales memo in my dreams............ Any of you guys want to take a crack at it??? Scroll down. Remember the firm paid five or less.

We have a tremendous opportunity in our favorite, Vyrex. We can offer 600,000 at 6 1/4 net with 3/4 pt. When this is gone, that's it!!!!!

#13     Jan 16, 2008
  4. give us some stories! feel free to embellish a bit to make them better :D

#14     Jan 16, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

No shit, I just spent some time in google looking for broker jobs. I was wondering, are there anymore of these penny stock boiler rooms around anymore? I bet there aren't.

#15     Jan 17, 2008