How to change Columns in Scan

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ashok.iy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ashok.iy

ashok.iy

When i am trying to scan the data using the formula the columns like Ticker,trade,date and close is displayed. I want to change the column close into some value which i have calculated in the formula. How can i do it in the program? Is any other way to change the column?

Thanks in advance

ashok.

2. I don't understand one single word of your request? What program are you referring to in the first place? More info about the code maybe?

3. ashok.iy

ashok.iy

Thanks for your reply putin.
    I have mentioned formula as program. The formula developed in amibroker afl. I select the formula to scan in the automatic analysis. The column ticker,trade,date and close got displayed after the scan. I have calculated some value in my formula which i want to display not the close column.Hope now you can understand.

ashok.

4. So what's the problem just replace Close array with your result

Addcolumn(myarray, "description", format of your array, colorblack, colorwhite, 50);

Read the manual about addcolumns!

5. ashok.iy

ashok.iy

Correct me if i am wrong. When i try to use addcolumn function i am able to add columns. But the problem is the result is not shown in the scan result. I can see the desired result in the explorer but it is not complete. Is it possible to add columns in the scan.

6. Then send the whole code. I'm not Nostradamus.

7. ashok.iy

ashok.iy

Correct me if i am wrong. When i try to use addcolumn function i am able to add columns. But the problem is the result is not shown in the scan result. I can see the desired result in the explorer but it is not complete. Is it possible to add columns in the scan.

8. No, Scan function can be used to look for buy/sell/short/cover signals. You can do some other things with it too, but you can't add columns.

Simply use exploration www.amibroker.com/guide/h_exploration.html

9. What do you mean by not complete? Again, I'm not Nostradamus or some other psychic. Either post code detail or do the quiz show yourself.

10. ashok.iy

ashok.iy

Thanks for your quick reply putin.

Not complete means - I am not able to display the trade signals(buy,sell,short,cover) in the exploration. In afl coding is it possible to merge two arrays.

ashok.

#10     Nov 17, 2011