How to calculate this ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Digs, Jul 30, 2010.

1. themickey

themickey

This is Classic!!!!
    So funny, hehehehehe :p
    Luv it, luv it, really funny stuff.
    Mate, ET is the best place on the internet for humor, and I say that seriously, hahahahaha

#31     Aug 1, 2010
  2. my gosh, I am really still waiting for a guy here in my region who could parallel you. Are your types only (albeit sparsely) existing in the "new territories"? You are not even able to understand a simple problem and much less able to provide a simple solution to the problem. What is really wrong with you? You appear too boring and dry even for sharing a beer.

But one thing I am really curious about: Why do you not simply stfu when you come across a post which you clearly cannot assist with?

#32     Aug 1, 2010
  3. Certainly, it is diffiicult for you to see or understand what is going on in this thread. Your solution to the problem was what it was.

Often people with whom you associate deal with a sinusoid riding on a carrier and they optimize profit taking and they optimize entering another similar profit taking opportunity.

I'm sure as you discuss such with them you both agree on an assortment of strategies for being effective, efficient and optimum.

Most people doing such do NOT use the variables put before us by the OP. A combination of rectilinear and periodic functions is nornmally used. The variable in periodic functions usually deal with three common variables and you and your friends well know.

Optimizing could be done by considering regions. Often the limits of non statiolnarity are considered. With periodic functions on carriers, it is common to have an envelope as I'm sure you have discussed on many occasions.

The OP is using a three point locus system. Dig up some of the old ones you have used in the past and see if they have any value.

Your suggestion for me to shut the fuck up is very appropriate for you to suggest for many reasons. If you get into a discussion with someone local about this, forego telling them to shut the fuck up. Let them explain to you some things you never thought of before.

There are a lot of people in your region who may be similar to me. In my region I do not truck with people like you. That may be what you are running into so far. People like me do not participate in threads like yours; why would we?

#33     Aug 1, 2010
  4. did your mom fuxx your brains out (and I am willing to risk to get banned for this comment)? For heavens sake, dude, this was about a simple geometry problem related to charting as stated by the OP.

You are a complete joke!!!

#34     Aug 1, 2010
  5. Digs

Digs

Thread closed please.

I must encourage all to be nice, and not to play with guns and accept some people are just different.

#35     Aug 2, 2010
  6. different? This Jack guy has got a spleen, I have no idea why he is still allowed to sneak around this board, if all ET cares about to generate traffic on the back of such kind of idiots then I really do not care to get banned.

People like that guy should be banned from opening their mouth, they waste everyone's time, patience, and above all, air!!!

#36     Aug 2, 2010
  7. Trying to solve this, there may be some error still in the formulas.
    Didn't really try them.
    Please tell if there is some problem.

First you don't need the angle therefore you don't need arcsine etc.
    Ratios will be sufficient.

In general it can be used that
    x2/y2 = x3/y3
    because this is the tangens function of the same angle.
    Therefore:
    x3=x2*y3/y2
    and
    y3=x3*y2/x2

To make the formulas shorter you need a function "sign":
    sgn(x)
    returns -1 if x<0
    returns +1 if x>=0

and function "abs":
    abs(x)
    returns x if x>0
    returns -x if x<0

Some pseudocode:

if abs(x2)>abs(y2) then
    x3 = sgn(x2) * d
    y3 = (x3 * y2) / x2
    else
    y3 = sgn(y2) * d
    x3 = (y3 * x2) / y2
    end

Assuming x1,y1 = (0,0) to simplify the formulas.
    If x1,y1 is not (0,0) change the coordinate system:
    x2=x2-x1
    y2=y2-y1
    At the end add the old origin to the result:
    x3=x3+x1
    y3=y3+y1

#37     Aug 2, 2010