How to buy at exact price?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ADX_trader, Apr 7, 2004.

1. I ask this question because I am playing more and more contracts. It won't be a big problem if I only play two contracts. I fear some of the orders may be filled far below the price I want. It may not be a good thing, since the price may actually start to decline.

#11     Apr 7, 2004

2. if your order was entered and received by your broker's server(s) in time while the mkt was above 1000 eg 1000.25/50, and now the mkt is at 999.75 offer, you should have gotten the fill.

It has to clear the whole que at 1000 before it goes 999.75 offer coming from above.

If coming from bellow, 999.50/75 and you are already in at 1000 buystop with limit at 1000, mkt has to stay at 1000 offer long enough and trade enough contracts to clear the que infront of you plus your order.

If it touches offer 1000, trades less than your rank and drops your order will not get filled on this pass.

Now if you used FoK (fill or kill) or any other time constraints besides GTC (good till cancel) for the order to stay live, and the mkt goes 1000 offer again but outside your time limits then no fill either.

#12     Apr 7, 2004