How to buy and sell more than 20,000 shares frequently?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kapama, Oct 2, 2007.

1. I dont see any strategy that you're using in the over all process of trading. You appear to be hung up so much on the executions but have no real viable plan in the market.

If you try and show bids for 200 shares a pop when you're looking to accumulate 20k shares of a stock that only trades 100k shares in a day you wont fool anyone. You will pay through the nose to get in and get out.

#51     Oct 5, 2007
  2. To be honest, I do not think that you are prepared to engage in any trading activity at this time at all. Your obsession over pennies on a position trade in which you have no logical entry or exit strategy other than in on monday and out on friday, is destined for failure... It appears that you assume your securities will just continue in an uptrend, without any consideration to stop loss, are you going to wait until Friday to sell when your stock is plummeting?

#52     Oct 5, 2007
  3. kapama

kapama

Please answer my question and do not question the trading logic.

So what do you think?

#53     Oct 5, 2007
  4. Obviously people think you dont have a solid plan and you're too concerned about pennies and commisions or being ripped off then having a proper trading plan.

Trying to hide a 20k lot in 200 lots is not a plan

#54     Oct 5, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

It's obvious you are wreckless with capital and should really not be trading 20K lots.

#55     Oct 5, 2007
  6. I think everything you have posted shows that you have absolutely no idea about anything relating to trading.

Why do you not consider varying position size to accommodate market liquidity?

Why on earth would you trust a phone broker more than the level 2 on the screen?

You have not told us what slippage you are willing to accept. If you expect over 20 cents, maybe going with option synthetics would work given the stock.

The most appropriate things would probably be either be a VWAP or a limit opening order slightly above the prev closing price.

#56     Oct 5, 2007
  7. kapama

kapama

1) What is VWAP?

2) I did limit order in the opening but 100K volume it did not help and I could not buy. I can not track the bids and asks because I am working 9-5.

3) I am concerned about pennies because 1 penny in 20K shares would lose $200.

4) What is option synthetics got to do with my question.

Please advise

#57     Oct 5, 2007
  8. Hmmm, ok.

1. Volume Weighted Average Price. Some brokers will guarantee you that price for slightly higher commissions. This replaces the old "let the broker work the order" type of thing.

2. Have to place order sizes in relationship to daily volume, as mentioned.

3. A dime on 20K shares is $2,000. A dollar is $20,000.

4. Option synthetics "may" be doable in lieu of buying the stock is all the I'm sure he meant.

Trying to help, still a bit concerned, but wish you the best nevertheless.

Don

#58     Oct 5, 2007
  9. kapama

kapama

Thanks Don

1) neverheard of that, I will search on this

2) As I mentioned earlier I need to buy 20K because the price is around say 5 dollars and I need to invest even more. So I can place less order.

3) A penny in 20K shares cost me $200, so it is huge to me.

4) Options will be my second project but I need to resolve this first.

Everyday I am losing opportunities I need to act fast.

#59     Oct 5, 2007
  10. timvodas

timvodas

Another great thread.

#60     Oct 5, 2007