How to buy and sell more than 20,000 shares frequently?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kapama, Oct 2, 2007.

1. kapama

kapama

I have been doing it for sometime and if you buy it in increments nobody notices.

#11     Oct 2, 2007
  2. kapama

kapama

What do you mean by "NYOB" IMO to insure my pennies? Can you please explain?

#12     Oct 2, 2007
  3. In a stock that only trades 100k shares a day EVERYONE will notice you trying to buy in chunks. The market will see you coming and going and yes you'll get strung along by the market not your broker.

For the second time those other retail brokers dont rip you off, they dont front run your trades and they dont post fake bids and offers. Think about the tens of thousands of customers they have trading all the time when and how could they monitor all those trades and only rip off specific ones? You're not even being realistic. NO Level II system gives you the entire universe of prices especially in a busy stock there is simply too much data in small increments of time. Yes there are fraction of a second delays in different data services.

#13     Oct 2, 2007
  4. I could not agree with you MORE well said!

#14     Oct 2, 2007
  5. plugger

plugger

You are sure over-complicating this.

#15     Oct 2, 2007
  6. it should be ok. I once traded EDGR in 2005 (the volume is around 100k~300k), I normally traded 3000shares or 5000shares lot using limit order (like bottom fishing, top picking), played several months with no problem, making 300~500 per trade, one day you may get one trade, some times ypu missed. it is just your own fear about "people will see you". in that situation, there is no pattern, better use LOW BALL BUY or air-ball selll strategy since actually not lots of players there.

#16     Oct 2, 2007
  7. TOM134

TOM134

8. you're doing 20% of ADV? if somebody does notice, someone gets a haircut?

good luck.

#18     Oct 2, 2007
  9. kapama

kapama

I guess I am all confused because of the fact that some old experienced trader telling me about slippage. You know what I mean.

He specifically said they monitored several borkerages' level II system and observed that all prices were different and after researhing for sometime they figured afew of them are giving real prices some of them which are terranova and tradestation and Fidelity and such.

Didn't you guys hear about how BofA and other brokerages paid millions of dollars because of manipulating prices. Either he is lying to me or

I don't know.

Howcome zecco.com is making money then? Trading is free and even the unlimited shares are free. Isn't that fishy? Go figure.

What are we missing here?

Alas, SEC don't do anything.

#19     Oct 2, 2007
  10. plugger

plugger

Give it up already. Check it out for yourself. Subscribe to some third party data vendor and check it against the above firms.

It's that easy.

#20     Oct 2, 2007