How to Build an Automated Trading System

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by greaterreturn, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack,

Thanks for your information. I have come around to wanting to follow SCT as closely as possible even more so, as of today.

I explained earlier that I discovered my deep seated resistance to SCT due to the "trend following" nature of channels and have new completely changed my view of taping, channeling, etc.

In fact, as of last night, I successfully implemented a taping algorithm that matches the cases you and Spyder posted that seems to work excellently. I want to progress to auto annotating the IT channels.

However, here's my plan to proceed.

1. I will get ES data tomorrow by tuning my quote service to collect that data from now on. That way I can post charts on the 5 minute ES fractal that everyone is most familiar with and, most importantly, true volume.

2. I will work on opening an account to trade the ES or at least find out the account minimum. So I will consider starting with ES and closing out the Forex account if that's feasible.

3. Tums offered to close this thread. That seems like a good idea now that we came to an agreement on how to proceed. That way new readers can jump right into the meat of the discussion without wading through all the other off topic discussion and my resistance to taping, etc.

As soon as I have the ES data, I will post a 5 minute chart with my automated taping for review. And I'll start working on the IT channels.

Additionally, I'll make it clear in the first post that the thread is for discussing specifics of how to automate SCT without necessarily getting into low level details for posting code.

That's because I don't want it to degrade into a technical, coding thread. But remain focused on understanding SCT from an ATS perspective.

Thank you, Jack, Spyder, Tums, eHorn, and everyone else for sticking with this!

Sincerely,
    Wayne

P.S. Tums, thanks for your hard work in monitoring this thread! You're welcome to close it now. I'll start a new one entitle "How to Build an Automated SCT Trading System Version 2" within a day or 2.

#151     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Tums

Tums

#152     Sep 25, 2008
  3. Joe

Joe

The thread was closed at the request of the Original Poster. If you would like the thread to be cleaned up please tell us which posts are off topic and we will do so within 24 hours and reopen the thread if you wish.

Regards,
    Elite Trader Support

#153     Sep 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.