How to 'Bud Fox' a BSD trader:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rearden Metal, May 9, 2013.

1. #11     May 9, 2013
  2. No problem, I remember this article from a few years back and thought I'd share it

#12     May 9, 2013
  3. Real trading is not sexy or full of drama! If anyone has ever traded at Schonfeld then you know how dull real trading is....

It takes all of the BS and amusing hype out of trading! That leaves you with not much to talk about....

The hype and BS is what makes ET fun! It gives me a reality break...

#13     May 9, 2013
  4. Yeah, no question about it. In the meantime, hopefully threads like "ok man, I'm fat" will entertain as this site slowly perishes. surf

#14     May 10, 2013
  5. I knew a guy who was a clerk on the floor of the cbot in the late 90's, lived in the city and worked a crappy part time job to make ends meet. Minimal education, most success he ever had was selling vacums and cutco and stuff like that. He identified and stalked his Gekko and would have himself paged in various parts of the building so the guy would hear his name over and over.

He would then drive up to the Northern suburbs and get on the guys train every morning and ride it home every night for a few days till he had a segue to make an introduction. Long story short, the guy became his backer and he know is a partner in an energy trading outfit in Texas.

#15     May 10, 2013
  6. Great story! Thanks star.

#16     May 10, 2013
    destriero likes this.
  7. ammo

ammo

my take on the sales trick is you offer an honest assessment,back it up with sustainable solutions,convince that you will be there to sustain those,and back it up sale closed

#17     May 10, 2013
    volpunter likes this.
  8. Anyone else have a real Gekko story? Wonder why the bogus "leaders" on elite with 17k posts and "education wisdom" on every thread don't have anyone pointing to them as why they are successful? Nor do any of the paid vendors---

surf

#18     Jul 6, 2015
    Rearden Metal likes this.
  9. Visaria

Visaria

I tend to receive a few calls every month from the same brokers touting some idea or another...i understand now, they are trying to bud fox me! :p

#19     Jul 7, 2015
  10. Every new or wannabe trader needs to read this thread.

#20     Feb 16, 2016