How to become versed in Fundamental Analysis?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Some books, websites, reports, newsletters that you recommend?

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. Try the Commitment of Traders Report. It's by no means the grail, but does give a view of what big money is doing. It takes awhile to understand. I am still learning it.

Careful on that value investing. Wasn't Monish Pabrai a considered a genius until recently.

4. vv111y

vv111y

5. forget about it. its not worthwhile. trying to trade on fundamentals is a detriment. look at all of the great value guys funds. many are getting killed.
    the simple truth is that many or most companies do their books in a way to keep people from figuring out what thay are doing.

6. piezoe

piezoe

I'm primarily a trader, so not the best for advice on value investing, but maybe take a look at Joel Greenblatt's book "The little book that Beats the Market". He has a very interesting take on fundamentals an how to analyse them as a value investor.

7. For commodities I'd recomend cbot.com,agdayta.com,futuresource.com,barchart.com and one cmegroup.com you can watch an order book. Not very fundamental but it gives you a good idea of what is going on.