How to become a stock broker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade555, Nov 8, 2002.

1. thx1138

thx1138 Guest

First off, what comes around goes around. If this is your mindset, to become a thief, then more power to ya. Just remember the natural laws of the universe. You will get yours in the end. Think of me when it happens.
    Now, like other posters here, becoming a broker is easy. Just get your seven liscense. Then, cold call. Not much involved there.
    I follow this board because there are people who post good info here. I never posted. Then I saw this post. Thanks for helping me register. Because when I saw you post, I had to respond... I can't believe you are so imature and ignorant to display something like this. Also, maybe I can add some sense to your thought process.
    Pretty much, IMO, brokers are a extinct breed. With online trading, and regulation over the last few years of Rogue brokers, you don't have the same chance of hitting it big like people did in the 90s and before. This is common sense. The new generations understand technology, and with news so negative on stock market and illicit brokers, the trust factor is nil. There are better ways to make money. If this is the path you choose, you are the loser in the end.. I know too many good "salesman" on Wall St. who can't even hack it. Its like playing vs. a stacked deck. Let me also say, that being a broker gains no respect. At all. Most people know whats up with this profession by now.
    Finally, thats all you will hear from me on this. Good luck, with your mission. Your posts really have a reflection on the kind of person you are. Maybe, you should stop and think about what you are contributing to a pretty decent board. Your posts and comments are a complete waste of peoples times, and are just a reflection of who you are as a person, which does not show much.

#31     Nov 9, 2002
  2. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

if you ever cold called me you piker i would tell you to fuck off. 326 posts to this board and you don't know anything at all about trading........you probably can't even paper trade. why have you even participated in these forums and tried to give people advice when you are a complete jackass. thanks for wasting our time and confusing the novices who actually come here for advice- lol- i would take anything said here with a grain of salt- i will read a few people's posts here- but most of this board is a bunch of dumbfucks like trade555- congratulations, you just got on my (growing) ignore list, piker. do everyone else a favor and don't post anymore to this board.
    when you do finally trade, call me and i will fade your every move. :D :D

#32     Nov 9, 2002
  3. If you are coming in with no licenses and no books of business or high net worth individuals, you will do absolutely NOTHING to manage your clients account. If anything, you will be pressured to merely get their money and dump it into the funds that your firm manages. No doubt, places like Morgan Stanley and American Express will hire just about anything, an ape even. I guess there allot of worse jobs out there. Essentially a broker coming out with nothing to offer is literally a door to door salesman.

ITs all about opening accounts and nothing more. You try to dump other services such as insurance in order to drive your revenues. But trading and being a broker have nothing to with one another. I can honestly say that in retro, all of the brokers I have gone through -- they are complete and absolute clueless cluster f u c k s. Traders are much more intellectual and sophisticated. THe only way I would broker and be excited about it is if I had A list clients like P. diddy or professional athletes, etc. THat would truly be the sweetest job on earth..........................

#33     Nov 9, 2002
  4. it's how you open account that matters.

just in case anyone reading this is really interested in a serious answer, then the best route may be to start as a producing assistant. this will help you to develop sales skills, and product knowledge. offer to do presentations, etc. to prepare for the marketing aspects. it can be good job and you can add value to your clients, but i do agree that too many brokers are very stupid about investing. being in the bus. has shown me that most have no ability or capacity to trade stocks, or even recommend a suitable investment plan. this is why brokerages are pushing in-house products. that means you can fall into the trap of becoming a high class shoe salesman. i think that is an appropriate analogy.
    overall, it is a rewarding business. it is varied, allows you to control most of your day, and is a good outlet for the socially adept.

#34     Nov 9, 2002