How to become a stock broker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade555, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Oh come, on the idiots has your attention. You know you can't hold back?

#21     Nov 8, 2002
  2. You should call Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. I don't know about all their offices, but in the Baltimore one they cycle through brokers at the rate of one every three months.

You seem like an asshole so you should fit right in -- your kind usually rises right to the top, along with all the other pieces of shit that float right up.

#22     Nov 8, 2002
  3. itrader1

itrader1

You can take a Sreies 7 prep course and learn the essentials, but you must have a broker sponser you to take the exam. Be advised , that many brokers will have you sign a document that you owe them money ($50 K at one of the 5 big ones as an example) if you leave in less than 5 years or change brokers before then.

There are smaller, independent brokers who will "sponsor" you and if you look you will find them. The license is good for 2 years if you are not with a broker , or forever if you are.

A broker is nothing but a saleman and the first 2-3 years are a lot of hours with lousy pay - after that you need a lot of luck, but you can make money in the long run if you are lucky. I know of a lot of better professions than that....I have been there.

Goo luck.

#23     Nov 8, 2002
  4. I want a job a a big firm like ml or gs so I can coldcall my ass off. I want to know my clients are getting fucked for all my coldcalling.

#24     Nov 8, 2002
  5. if thats your intention, you should look into commodity futures and options type boiler room operations.

you could sell $2000 natural gas options for $5000 to old ladies and dentists

hell, you could even advertise on late night tv

#25     Nov 9, 2002
  6. trdrmac

trdrmac

I would suggest the following:

Get an old fashion butter CHURN and some cream. The action will help you in week 2 when you find cold calling sucks.

Make a list of all your friends and relatives, then you can be RELATIVELY successful from the start.

Go ahead and rape your mom, leave your sister to the sales trainer.

Break into the lonely old lady's house down the street, feed her fish to her cat, and hide her spectacles. Wait a discreet amount of time, 5 minutes or so, show up and pretend to be FBI "wink,wink". Have her sign the arrest warrant "read suitability agreement" and make a small donation to PAL.

Do some totally believable commercial about "it was my clients dream to lose 95% of her wealth and live at the Y, and I made her money my own, because that's what I do at
    Morethan slimy."

Repeat until you have Plaques galore.

Good luck

#26     Nov 9, 2002
  7. Sharp

Sharp

Check out the Sherwood Futures Group. Based in sunny Thousand Oaks CA. They are hiring futures brokers right now. These are the type of hard selling ass holes that you would probably love to work for. They will pay you to get licensed and teach you to sell commodities via a 10 week training course. You will make 10 dollars per hour for 40 hours a week during the training. Once out of the training you must start selling right away. Here is a quote from their hiring materials,

"Your 1st your commission pre-tax income should realistically reach near six figures. If it does not, we will terminate you for lack of production."

But if your can cut it as a broker for a few years you will have the chance to move over to their trading department. You may like it.

:D :D :D

#27     Nov 9, 2002
  8. BCE

BCE

For anyone taking this guy seriously or even bothering to read any of his posts, he said in a thread on Waxie's infomercials less than a week ago that:
    "All of you here are talking trash about Waxie when you should be thanking him for sharing his secrets. A trader of Waxies caliber is hard to find and when you find a trader as good as he is you should shut you mouth and open your ears. I started using Waxies system 6 months ago with a 2K account and now that account is worth 400K. That is a lot to be thankful for."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=149278#post149278

So if you want to waste your time reading and interacting with this guy that's your choice. I only post this information to save some of you from wasting your time - time that would be more wisely spent interacting with real traders, exchanging real and useful advice and shared experiences. Hope you'll do the same for others. :)

#28     Nov 9, 2002
  9. BStrader

BStrader

trade555 your are Idiot.

#29     Nov 9, 2002
  10. and a piker

#30     Nov 9, 2002