How to be patient

Discussion in 'Forex' started by enamhaq, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Gringo

Gringo

I would add that perhaps the reason for impatience is not having a written plan with defined entry and exit criteria. Some impatience is understandable but persistently recurring bouts of it may mean lack of properly tested plan and/or lack of trust in it if there is one.

Gringo

#41     Nov 24, 2013
    limcheese22 likes this.
  2. dezzzy

dezzzy

I read of this technique in a book, it's called the "Shower Rule", before you make any major decisions like closing off a trade, take a shower. Sometimes that might mean waiting till the end of the day to take that shower and the extra time to think would certainly help your decision process :)

#42     Dec 11, 2013
  3. raybenz

raybenz

I think it is upto you how you can handle this situation and how you can control your emotions. we can only advice you not control your emotions.

#43     Mar 24, 2014
  4. Ya, but sometimes I just can't wait for Saturday.

#44     Mar 24, 2014
  5. raybenz

raybenz

I think you are not mature in Forex trading and you just go back and should learn more how to trade in Forex?

#45     Mar 30, 2014
  6. raybenz

raybenz

I think patience is not only important thing in Forex but it is essential in every thing. It is possible you may loose your all money if you have no patience.

#46     Apr 3, 2014
  7. I think since you have identified the problem, you should seriously work on it. Especially when you lose money, your impatience can make you loose more. I think with good strategy like the system of three screens or others, one can trade with a major of confidence that things will go well at the long run!...Patience definitely is the key, especially when things go wrong after you have tried all you can.

#47     Oct 21, 2015
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Although this thread should have been moved to the Psychology thread...

I don't understand how the Op (thread starter) having 3 screens (monitors) will increase his confidence level as oppose to having 2 screens, 4 screens, 5 screens or whatever. Therefore, can you explain further what you said ???

Discipline (patience is a sub-category) is an important element of discretionary trading (no automation). Yet, I do understand if someone doesn't have the proper trading equipment for whatever trading style they have, it will impact their trading results.

#48     Oct 21, 2015
  9. Handle123

Handle123

LOL earn while learning, yea it not like building a car, it is more like doing you own brain surgery with mirrors and vultures are just waiting for you to move.

#49     Oct 21, 2015
  10. p0box4

p0box4

What helps me when i find a trade setup where i feel 100% comfortable with is leaving my desk after i entered the trade.
    Stop looking at the screen and the progress all the time but do something else and come and watch every now and then.

I made the same mistake today, i had a perfect short on crude oil at 45.75 i believe, targeting 45-44.9.
    But i did stay behind my desk and closed the trade at 45.65 ...
    You understand i feel like a loser all day after watching the price going to my target.

But then i try to think or remember, even the best traders in the world make mistakes.
    I did not lose any money, i made less then i wanted, but i still gained some, so next trade better.

#50     Oct 21, 2015