How to be patient

Discussion in 'Forex' started by enamhaq, Feb 27, 2013.

1. I agree with you 100%
    Most are very impatient and jump to gun

However, you have to know when to just walk away.
    I see the Vegas Syndrome all over in trading.
    You tell yourself "ok, just few more minutes maybe it will shoot up" and then its too late.

:mad:

#21     Mar 27, 2013
  2. sanfo

sanfo

try this one,

make deep breath every time when you want to operate any action for your deals.

and prepare some simple questions in the mean time to verify whether you had really been thinking about the decision to do anything.

#22     Mar 28, 2013
  3. Trying to be patient but hard to do so with AAPL lol

#23     Mar 28, 2013
  4. I always see it as a matter of will, mind over matter, put a paper and stick it to the monitor and write there what you have to avoid as a constant reminder, you already made the mistake then learn from it hehe i really used to that to over come the itch of making a comeback :)

#24     Apr 3, 2013
  5. not a bad idea. Sometimes i usually join a trading game in the meantime. It is an advantage to me- I am able to know what other traders strategy how to gain profit and i think competing with other trader is more fun and amazing. This make us relax and we can trade easily without stress.

#25     Apr 9, 2013
  6. i agree, i have to see it as a business, not impulse !
    good point Phil:cool:

#26     Apr 11, 2013
  7. from my experience and I think it is very true that if you continue to look at the market price fluctuating, your mind will have the tendency to chase/get in early and majorly distract your full attention on chart. Cover the price board with a blank notepad page, focus on chart until you feel something, then open price and make trade. Only expose your eye to the price when you make a trade or exit. You will find yourself a lot calmer and in control. The fluctuation of the price will make your brain react and become its basis of acting on market, not thinking as much logical as you would based on your understanding on chart. It is a must have habit, and you will find a big source of patience once having this habit.

#27     Apr 12, 2013
  8. Yeah, patience is an important factor in trading. My "recipe for success" is distracting myself with something I like and thus completely removing myself from the computer.

#28     Apr 25, 2013
  9. Patience is really a recipe for success . When we are planned in trading ,set our goals we do all trading in proper way . We will analyze market first with patience and find tend then we choose proper lot and leverage according to our capital to make a successful trade.

#29     Jun 20, 2013
  10. Best advice which I did not follow today is just go do something else while in a trade then come back and see what happened.

#30     Jun 20, 2013