How to be patient

Discussion in 'Forex' started by enamhaq, Feb 27, 2013.

1. at some point all of us know what should be done and what should be avoided, the quickest thing i can think of and mainly i usually do this, write it down (dos and donts) then stick to it the monitor and whatever happens avoid breaking your own rules, that way its like a practice and constant reminder untill it becomes a habit

#11     Mar 4, 2013
  2. Patients I think may be the fear that one believes he has picked a top instead of a bottom. The fear is that price never revisits tops. I actually wanted to try to see how much extra I would of had to willing to risk before price reverted and became profitable.

Maybe risking double means a 90% chance that price will be on your side. don't let them eat your stops.

#12     Mar 13, 2013
  3. depends on what you are trading

over there in corn or cattle you better be very quick
    they don't give you anytime to think

Ever since Bretton Woods, we've kind of had a gentleman's agreement that all currencies will trade within bands

so you can be very slow over here

where they get you is when you start scalping because it is not moving, then it trends and darn near wipes you out

What was that the man said in the Bible? "A wise king counts the cost of battle before he goes to war."

90% is just money management, 10% is guessing when to attack. The guy that runs out of money first loses.

patience can be a virtue, but not if it is draining you of resources you are going to need later

I doubt there are many broken men who didn't wish they had taken their losses sooner

#13     Mar 14, 2013
  4. Exiting based on something not happening I think is a very powerful tool . I think it is 100 x better then then ones win to lose ratio.

#14     Mar 15, 2013
  5. Yea.

#15     Mar 15, 2013
  6. Its rare some one agrees with me, curious if our reason are even close to the same lol

#16     Mar 15, 2013
  7. brokex

brokex

Impatience in learning, and practicing. Want to earn immediately. That's how most trader lost in trading.

#17     Mar 20, 2013
  8. Totally agreed with our friend here.Its the lack of patience especially at criticle times when one takes a wrong decision and almost ruins all his trades.One can control the lack of patience by using different stops.Just apply a stop and leave the trade to go on its own for quite sometime.Otherwise its a personal trait and one can control one ownself by himself.

#18     Mar 22, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sound wisdom.

#19     Mar 22, 2013
  10. After losing too much money, you will find out a good way to be patient.

#20     Mar 25, 2013