How to be a good VENDOR on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Fair enough, thanks for telling us your personal experience. :)

#31     Jun 9, 2005
  2. "How to be a good VENDOR on ET?"

imo, all the claims by a good vendor (and/ including her/ his associates i.e. aliases), whether explicit or implicit ones, must be based on Facts that can be proved and verified publicly. :confused:

#32     Jun 9, 2005
  3. traderob

traderob

vendors are certainly allowed to publish their trading results and indeed the CFTC (for example) is happy if they do so.

With the provision that the results must be accurate - and this of course is why so many vendors will say that the authorities forbid them.
    YES they are forbidden to say that hypothetical results are real money results, or that outright lies count as actual results. Still provided they put the word 'hypothetical' somewhere or simply infer that they are profitable, or highlight their winners the authorities can't nab them. But if they publish a faked record they run the risk of getting busted.

#33     Jun 9, 2005
  4. kowboy

kowboy

Wow, Thanks for the explanation Roberk. Much apprecitaed.

So I take it the reason Brandonf uses for not publishing results is totally lame. Not to be unfair to Brandonf, but if there's no reason not to publish and he says he legally can't, I'm really disappointed and dismayed.:confused: Brandon, where are you, can you explain? Vad has no problem posting his results.

#34     Jun 9, 2005
  5. I bet that if brandon wants to succeed as a vendor and continue his business and take it a new level.. and even possibly manage money he will evenetually need to get his results audited. SO why not do this now.. and come back on ET with the results and start over the right and responsible way.

How about saying.. ok guys.. here is how much money I made.. here was my max drawdown.. here is what style of trading I did... now I think I am a nice guy and good teacher.. and I would like to share my knowledge with you.

I personally would be more comfortable and so would many others.. because atleast we know that we are getting advise from someone that knows and has epxerience on how to make money.

#35     Jun 9, 2005
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

It would be nice if Brandon would get his trading record audited but it is not necessary since he's not trying to start a hedge fund.

I have no doubt that Brandon is making money trading from his posts. I find his posts and videos helpful most of the time.

I even made money from one of Brandon's posts.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=695549#post695549

#36     Jun 10, 2005
  7. kowboy

kowboy

BRANDON, I would like to be respectful of you and your expertise, but we want you to respond specifically to Roberk's comments and to why you say you won't or can't post your trading results. Vad seems to have no problem posting his results. Please respond and don't sidestep this issue.
    Thanks

#37     Jun 10, 2005
  8. Are you implying/ worrying BF doesn't have the money to do/ prove it?

:confused:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49805&perpage=6&pagenumber=14

#38     Jun 10, 2005