How to be a good trader?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by luxergarden, Oct 30, 2018.

1. geedy

geedy

I agree with you Esha, respect the market. This will mean that you thread carefully and not take too much risk.

#61     Apr 3, 2019
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

I trade occasionally, not everyday. Daily checking the market and other traders suggestion then when I think I should trade, I trade for long term.

#62     Apr 5, 2019
  3. IamaMars

IamaMars

To be a good you need to be disciplined. Every other trait like money management revolves around discipline. If you lack discipline, you wont stick to your trading plan and manage your risks well. Patience is also mandatory since making profits in forex takes time

#63     Apr 10, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  4. to be a good trader you must make money, everything else is BS. no ego, no bragging, no delusions it’s like any other profession you become good once you figure IT out. the IT in trading is money management. once you “master it” you become a good trader/profitable trader.

peace

#64     Apr 27, 2019
  5. Esha.J

Esha.J

Undoubted a well disciplined trader can have more plans and opportunity in Forex because of their controlled nature.

#65     May 7, 2019
  6. padutrader

padutrader

mine too but has been for 25 years..most people goal is to make money maybe we can connect since we are like minded.
    the problem with me is that i do not mind losing money. so i am not careful and very emotional and trade just on instinct

#66     May 8, 2019
  7. pipeguy

pipeguy

It
    Well it refers mostly to investment, trading also requires very good technical background. I think you won't disagree with me that trading manual traders are the legacy. Majority of trading strategies are based on algorithmic approach (so coding + math)

#67     May 9, 2019
  8. padutrader

padutrader

all of you are talking about risk discipline etc, has it ever occurred to you to to find out what the market is doing and understand market movements?

#68     May 12, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

majority of trading strategies are losing, algos and discretionary because you have an algo which no one know what the fu*k it is about, you are going to make money?

#69     May 12, 2019
  10. Esha.J

Esha.J

To understand the market movement we have to maintain our discipline so that we can have right movement to enter the trade and exit.

#70     May 14, 2019