How to be a good trader?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by luxergarden, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Yes they are!

#31     Jan 18, 2019
  2. Mellov

Mellov

If I may ask quickly, how do you handle or deal with your emotions in the market, especially when they are high?

#32     Jan 20, 2019
  3. I have a set method and don't deviate from my rules or plan.

#33     Jan 21, 2019
  4. geedy

geedy

No one can do otherwise, else it will mean failure. There is no option as to learning before we start trading in the market, if we don't learn before we start then we just want to give away our funds.

#34     Jan 27, 2019
  5. I have 5 years experienced, but I'm also trying to be a good trader :(

#35     Feb 24, 2019
  6. pipeguy

pipeguy

Good for you. I assume you are above breakeven, otherwise I won't choose such a boring way to lose :)

#36     Feb 25, 2019
  7. icallgod

icallgod

I totally agree, there are times when you just let things take their natural course. Not because you don't want to do anything, but because there is nothing you can do about the situation.

#37     Feb 26, 2019
  8. pipeguy

pipeguy

How was your success so far? Are you still struggling to be profitable or already on the green side and trying to avoid to swap into red ;)?

#38     Feb 27, 2019
  9. success always come from hard work! I'm still trying to learn new something,:sneaky:

#39     Feb 27, 2019
  10. Handle123

Handle123

"How to be a good trader?"

Before real time, have a well back/forward tested Trading Plan. Take a simulated account trading amount you will start and triple, three separate times.

Find a way to de-stress before you trade.
    Reward to risk should be no less than 2 to 1.
    Have no greater than 50 % losses.
    Study tops and bottoms, they often form reversing patterns and reversing patterns change trend quicker than indicators.
    Study "time", how long profitable trades take so you have better understanding of getting out at breakeven is a win than overstaying.
    Have a loss limit and stick to it.

#40     Feb 27, 2019