How to ask a question on elitetrader.com?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by linker2k, Feb 2, 2017.

1. linker2k

linker2k

Hi I became an elitetrader.com member the other day, and I'm wondering if starting a new thread is the basic way of asking the community a question, or is there another way such as making a question post. If so, how do I do so? ...Also, if making a post (not a thread), is it only for private with selected members, or can the post be answered by the community as well?

2) When making a thread, before creating the thread, it required two poll responses if I'm not mistaken. What are those and what for? Thank you

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

To ask a question you've got a couple methods — starting a thread (in the appropriate forum), or making an on-topic post in an existing thread. Threads and posts are for all members, so anyone can answer your question.

Creating a thread doesn't require any poll responses (unless you want to create a poll to go along with your thread).

3. linker2k

linker2k

Thanks.

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Okay. It's Friday. I've already had a beer.
    Surprisingly long week...... so perhaps forgive this question,
    But.....

Did you just ask a question on ET about how to ask a question on ET?

Beer is good.
    Sub10 VIX SUCKS.

O(1) and vanzandt like this.
  5. NoBias

NoBias

LOL

6. This is akin to:
    upload_2017-2-3_16-4-40.png

tommcginnis and Overnight like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Using Google search to search for how to search on Google. I like it!

That leads to

Game over man!

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. linker2k

linker2k

I thought about the possible ridiculousness and the humor in it already, but at the time I wanted to find out fast how to ask a question if making a thread was not the only way. Becoming a new member, I wondered what the 'post' was, and now I know, comparing it to the thread questioning format. I actually searched on how to ask a question on elitetrader.com and didn't find an answer, and this thread is the only one I know of. If you think about it, it can be a useful tool for newcomers for this site's usage when searching the site for usage instructions, and thinking about it, the actual administrator answered this thread, so that's something to consider. I actually thought of it as a special thread for the site, but now with these comments, I hope it won't lose it's quality, such as being the go to thread when newcomers are wondering about the site's usage features and find this thread. Also the title of the thread could attract attention perhaps because it could sound ridiculous, but I did make a question, that is one way of getting more members to answer the thread. As of recent, If you type in the search box 'how to ask a question', this thread is the only thread the newcomer could find for that issue. NEWCOMER DON'T FEEL STUPID ABOUT THIS. Peace.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    O(1) likes this.
  9. O(1)

O(1)

=)

10. How do you quote someone is a thread response?

#10     Feb 8, 2017