How to Add Custom Column in TWS Portfolio tab

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newoptionstrader, Oct 30, 2019.

1. I'd like to highlight a position in the Portfolio tab, to alert me of anything significant such as upcoming ex-dividend date. So far I've been using the notes field for this purpose, but it would be easier if I could display the Note field as it's own column, however IB rep told me it's not possible in Portfolio. Has anyone found a way to add custom column or some other way to highlight a position by giving it another color? TWS does have a column called Dividend Date, but the dates shown are not always accurate and I don't see a way to edit it either. Thanks for any tips.

2. why don't you take what the IB rep told you for granted? It is not offered. Simple as that. You can add colums but only those that IB offers. That is how TWS works.

3. gaussian

gaussian

Sounds like its time to move on to Excel + ActiveX for research. TWS, for as advanced as it appears, doesn't offer a ton of functionality in terms of research. Yes, there is a research tab but everything feels so stuffy and static. You're left opening hundreds of new windows. It feels like it was cobbled together in a board room with project managers creating caricatures of traders rather than interviewing actual active traders.