How to acquire Accredited Investors for a small Hedge Fund!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wolfab82, Jul 22, 2009.

1. wolfab82

wolfab82

Wow... The rumor is that Traders are selfish scumbags and all you guys are disproving that.

I simply posted this forum and in less than 24 hours have had many USEFUL replies. Thank you sir for the websites and ideas.

Im not bad at coming up with ideas, but I am humble enough to know no matter how smart you THINK you are there are millions smarter and dumber.

I sincerely appreciate all of your help and awesome suggestions.

Wow! ET Forum is amazing!

Staying out till 11...if this crap goes on, i dont like buying in ranges or breakpoints unless bollingers indicate a reversal/continuation...right now bands are FAT! meaning the current uptrend should continue...I am staying out...why? I HATE CORRECTIONS !!!! Sometimes when I buy on breaking points, corrections come out of the damn blue sky and evaporate your profits QUICKLY!

I wish I would have bought the XHB break this morning and made a solid 26 cents...oh well...tomorrow is another day!

#31     Jul 23, 2009
  2. wolfab82

wolfab82

One of my main rules is to never buy on the FIRST breakthrough....mostly on the second...geez, I should have followed my own rule in that aspect...

A second breakthrough on the Dow Futures @ 10:06 am (breaking 3 month high of 8910) would have been a nice run up to high so far of 8971.

Uh oh, Bollingers tight!

#32     Jul 23, 2009
  3. wolfab82

wolfab82

I am extremely ethical and follow regulatory rules. I was simply confused about the whole unfair you cant cold call about a fund rules...thats why I started this forum thread in order to clarify.

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated.

sjfan, what do you think of twitter for stocks? i think its dumb, but im open to debate!

#33     Jul 23, 2009
  4. sjfan

sjfan

I'm not saying your unethical. In fact, your behavior contrasts very favorably to the load of others who show up here from time to time asking the same type of question. The problem isn't that you are unethical, it's that you are unaware of your ethical obligations and your legal obligations; It opens up your clients to harm and you to potential lawsuits. Please don't take offense to this, but it's like someone who's interesting in being a surgeon, taught himself a few things about doing stitching, and then ask whether it's okay for him to open a medical office.

Why would I debate about twitter? I don't particularly see the use for it and I haven't expressed an opinion about it either way...

#34     Jul 23, 2009
  5. wolfab82

wolfab82

thanks for your input. I am not lazy its just that deciphering the cftc website and rulings are ridiculously hard. I appreciate your legal advice though.

Easy cowboy, I just wanted your honest opinion on twitter. At least we agree on it. I rant alot.

My next rant...VCs are STUPID...these guys gave a ton of money to some stock twitter crap which I see no use for. Thats like trading off of what someone posts here...unless you see their logic pay off...why bother?

I found a cool idea-like sight, with good pattern identification...its www.wallstreak.com

Some of the posters are morons, the others have some good chart scanning ideas...

#35     Jul 23, 2009
  6. sjfan

sjfan

Let's get one thing clear, first off, I am not giving you any legal advice. Just because you find the relevant regulations hard to understand doesn't mean they aren't there for a reason. Also, for your information, CFTC isn't the only one that regulates the format of a "small hedge fund". You got the SEC and various state agencies as well.

And... did you just transition from talking about your small hedge fund idea to venture capital and now you are pumping some craptastic "crowd sourcing" website?

I'm beginning to think you aren't a naive but well meaning amateur...

#36     Jul 23, 2009
  7. wolfab82

wolfab82

You are probably right. I am an amateur hoping to become pro. Thanks for pointing that out.

I was just offering a site, if you dont like it you dont have to use it. I merely suggested it. I am free to express my opinion because some good men have died to protect that right.

Geez.

By the way, if you would have read my posts you would note that I have no interest in the SEC or it in me. I am looking to start a Commodity Pool, no stocks sir. Therefore, I could care less about the SEC other than if I structure it to sell pieces (shares of it) to my customers.

Thanks for saying I am well meaning, although its hard for you to tell since you dont know me.

Good trading mate!

#37     Jul 23, 2009
  8. sjfan

sjfan

Of course you are free to express your opinion on anything. Hell, I'd died to protect your right for doing so. That being said, you do show a complete lack of ability to focus on your own topic at hand. I question your sincerity on that basis alone.

You may also find that the SEC has very broad regulatory authorities; If you raise money, you fall under them. Obviously, there are carve outs and safe harbor provisions - but if you don't carefully meet those requirements - you are now within your reach. In the post madoff era, the SEC is particularly interested in enforcing their authorities over safe harbored vehicles.

I called you well meaning because so far you demonstrated as such and thus I think of this "debate" as in good faith; Let's leave the "you don't know me" mode of rhetoric to day time talk shows.

#38     Jul 23, 2009
  9. +1. I cannot understand why I would want to follow 1 or more people, who tell me every time they go to the bathroom, exchale or a random thought goes through their head.

I know I am exagerrating, but I don't need streams of consciousness from someone who probably knows nothing more than the dozens of people who go by me each day on the street...

You got thoughts, put them into an email digest, and I may read them when convenient for me.

I cannot imagine anyone who has thoughts that interest me like that, except maybe for a buddy, spouse, parent, child or sibling. And even then, I doubt it.

#39     Jul 23, 2009
  10. wolfab82

wolfab82

Talk to the hand! ( im just joking, stop clutching your chest).

Doubt my sincerity because I went slightly off topic? Wow.

Either way, thanks for your SEC input. I will look it up more thoroughly thanks to the questions you have brought up.

Geez, we hit 9020!

#40     Jul 23, 2009