how the United States government is conducting business today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by moarla, Jul 6, 2010.

1. moarla

moarla

“A rich tourist is driving through a town where everyone lives on debt. He stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk, saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

“As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher. The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer. The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel. The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her ’services’ on credit. The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the motel owner.

“The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything. At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

“No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
    “And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States government is conducting business today.”

2. moarla

moarla

:D

3. It's a good post, and correct. Although you, moarla, the United States hater in Europe, should also realize that the EU isn't really that far behind and doing very similar accounting.

4. moarla

moarla

i am not US hater, i hate stupidity.

well, i am happy with that system that allow´s us to trade like we trade :)))

but: i am a fan of switzerland.

5. I am a fan of Switzerland as well.

But I've followed your posts in the last half month. Almost all of them bash the United States, without mention to similar failed policies in Europe.

Interestingly enough, in the story you posted, if everyone truly owed everyone else, then why couldn't they just forgive all debts and start over? The problem is that it's not balanced like that.

So someone has more than their share of the debt.

6. moarla

moarla

i saw this story and posted it for fun.

Ivan you must confounding me with some one else.
    My last posts: (no US bashing anywhere)

- Interesting comparison of spreads and data - FXDD vs. FXCM vs. InterbankFX (no US bashing)
    -Soros says the EU's problem is not greece or spain (no US bashing)
    -why people hedge?
    - Interactive Brokers
    - Please suggest forex brokers
    - The end of FX trading in the UK ?-
    - Swiss's big move
    - IB - Booktrader 906 no more single click!
    - A question TWS
    - How to set up an offshore account?
    - Newbie Forex Question.
    - Gold, never go down?
    - S&P may cut Rome's A-plus bond rating
    - IB for Forex ?
    etc. etc.

(no US bashing)

7. Does anyone have any news re the hooker who gives credit? What town is this in? Is there reward points? What's the max credit limit? I'm asking for a friend.

8. Great post except that you forgot to figure in the taxes on each transaction.

And show where the taxes go to and to whom or what investors.

9. Maybe you can use "frequent flyer" miles. :D

10. Great post if youre too lazy to look beyond the scapegoating for who the real crooks are. Is that story in the Bible?

Is government getting rich? Who's getting rich from all that? Who's corrupted government to where
    authorization to rubber stamp spending benefits them? IOW,
    where does the money come to rest? Somebody has never heard of the revolving door. Whose creation was Frankenstein, Dr. Frankenstein's or his monster's? The mob is clueless and effectively fooled ...again.

#10     Jul 6, 2010