How the Rich think differently than the Middle Class

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by DallasCowboysFan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. gkishot

gkishot

There are 2 types of people, those who invest and those who spend. The middle class people can be both.

#11     Sep 11, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Poor person: It would be nice to get on the top of the kidney waiting list.

Rich person: I am going to buy a kidney!

Wealthy people can be just as big idiots as poor people. See my Thread about Jack Ma.

"Siebold says the rich aren't afraid to fund their future from other people's pockets."

Poor people do that too, but society frowns upon theft.

#12     Sep 11, 2019
  3. %%
    Their are some good points in there, Dallas CF. And as Dr Stanley notes , millionaires tend to fix thier leather shoes; + have no or low mortgage. LOL/true[ Source= Millionaire Mind-Dr Stanley] As far as greed + fear driving market, that is party true; earnings + elephants + trends matter more, in stock market. One dangerous thing about an elephant herd; they will stampede up hill + run over anything or anyone..................................... NOT a prediction

#13     Sep 11, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  4. Yeah, when I learned that about him, it diminished his reputation, but it doesn't change the lessons in the book. I am not sure, but it was probably the first, successful book about self improvement. And it was published in 1938, at the depths of the Depression when they could have used a little motivation.

He was not the first to embellish his credentials. The book 'written' by Hillary Clinton was fraudulent as well. "It takes a Village" was ghost written by Barbara Feinman. And the majority of celebrity books are written by ghost writers as well.

Maybe he started a trend.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    #14     Sep 11, 2019
    murray t turtle and zghorner like this.
  5. Yeah, I read that book a few years ago. He emphasized living below your means, but the article I referenced emphasizes a change in attitude and thinking. Some of the ideas were new to me.

Thanks

#15     Sep 11, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. %%
    I see your points. IBD [Investors Business Daily/Weekly founder] loved to invest + give books + give 10 days free daily newspaper] But plenty of extrovert millionaires / multi millionaires love to spend +give also . But an extrovert tends to love people+ love giving+ love spending @ any level/class of income............................................................................................................NOT a prediction.

#16     Sep 11, 2019
    gkishot likes this.
  7. No, thanks. but pour me a beer, please? :)

#17     Sep 15, 2019
  8. %%
    Good read. They confused self interest, which anybody with sense has + selfishness. NOT the same @ all. One lady said '' i believe in treating everybody alike'' A man corrected her ; ''really , you cook breakfast for everyone in Dallas ??''LOL=LOL:D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#18     Sep 17, 2019