How the Dems created the Financial Crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Sep 22, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

Damn, this is funny! ByLo, you made my night! Thanks.:D:D :D

#21     Sep 22, 2008
  2. JWS11

JWS11

3. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Seven Hundred Billion Dollars

"Holy crap.

That's like over two thousand dollars each. When we sold our house this year, we actually had to take out a loan to fully pay off the mortgage... and now I'm paying thousands more for other people who weren't paying their mortgages? Am I just a sucker or something to play by the rules? Are all of us who paid taxes suckers?

We shouldn't even be giving the government this money in the first place, but they get bitchy if you don't pay them. I mean, they send letters and then they start calling all the time. Eventually, they'll even call the police on you. Yeah, the police will come to your door and be like, "The federal government called with a complaint about you."

And you're like, "I didn't do anything illegal. The federal government is just being a bitch because it thinks I owe them money."

You might even have to go to the station to sort things out. It's a mess.

The government is irresponsible with it's money it takes from us, but I guess when you can just take money whenever you feel like it that doesn't really lead to responsibility. Anyway, just think of the much cooler things we could do than bailing out lenders and lendees if we, together as a society, decided to spend seven hundred billion dollars.

THINGS WE COULD DO WITH SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS

* Construct cyborg cops to police America.

* Create a new battlemech branch of the military.

* Put a base on one of the moons of Jupiter.

* Build a bridge from Key West to Nowhere in Alaska.

* Start construction of a Death Star.

* Build a cloaking device to keep America hidden from terrorists (and Mexicans).

* Construct a working Voltron.

* Build an array of space-based lasers to zap evil foreigners 24/7.

* Fund at least a year's worth of the usual pork projects."

:) :) :)

#23     Sep 23, 2008