How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis: Kevin Hassett

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Yannis

Yannis

This 90% is straight out of Dem talking points and totally misleading because the vast majority of these votes were procedural, not of substance, cases where the Senators all vote in unison.

In most, if not all, major issues over the past 8 years McCain has been following his own path apart from GWB and marching to his own drummer. Big issues like Taxes, Campaign Finance, Immigration, Energy, Iraq (the surge) etc etc.

If anything, he's widely credited with being a thorn on the side of the Administration and of being extremely willing to work with the Democrats, one of the most centrist members of Congress.

#41     Sep 24, 2008

2. whatever floats your stupid boat.

your comments are like your pastor saying he only touched and never penetrated the choir boys.

still a molester.

Only idiots like you love the McCain/Gramm/Palin trifecta. Delusions of granduer and the ability to flash a light up a womans vagina.

Unfortunately there are many idiots like you.

The fault of modern medicine.

Smart educated people have only one child, idiots like you breed like rabbits with the help of modern medicine.

the end result? less smart people, more idiots. This is not only an american problem.

#42     Sep 24, 2008
  3. "Only idiots like you love the McCain/Gramm/Palin trifecta. Delusions of granduer and the ability to flash a light up a womans vagina.

Unfortunately there are many idiots like you.

The fault of modern medicine.

Smart educated people have only one child, idiots like you breed like rabbits with the help of modern medicine."

Yes...I can sure see the 'intellectual' in this post....

And to be quite frank, I have seen quite a bit of this type of filth coming from the left...much like the violkent lawless rioting at the Republican Convention...sure is revealing of the core...

#43     Sep 24, 2008
  4. "Forget the fact that he voted with Bush more than 90% of the time."

Got that straigth from the TV ad's did you? Yea you too are educated on the issues I see...

By they way...if you really are that issue educated....prove the above claim...

#44     Sep 24, 2008
  5. The number is based on a "presidential support" score from Congressional Quarterly, which rates how often lawmakers back or oppose the president. Since 2001, McCain has, in fact, backed the president’s position an average of 90 percent of the time.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/669/

#45     Sep 24, 2008
  6. I guess I prefer McCain's 90/10 to Obama's "present".

And the 100% disagreement on the two bills he actually did support.....

Not to mention his close relation to William Ayres...a self pronounced communist....

If you knew for a fact that William Ayres views and Obama's were the same...would you still choose Obama?

You see...the relationship and support of Ayres radical school reform are too compromising of the values I hold dear....

#46     Sep 24, 2008
  7. It's true -- out of 4000 bills he voted for in the state Senate, he voted "present" 130 times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/us/politics/20obama.html

Contrast that with McCain, who in the Senate missed more votes (412) than the guy with the brain hemmorhage.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/vote-missers/

Ayers is a professor, and they sat on a board together, so I'm not sure if that's a close relationship.

I find the Democrats spineless and gutless, and I would happily choose a ham sandwich if it were running against the Republicans.

#47     Sep 24, 2008
  8. They said.....he voted 4000 times....
    'they said' is not proof...what is his actual voting record?

Do you have that link?

Mr Ayres and he served together and Obama funded his school project..the one I mentioned before...now if this is fact...did Obama agree or just hand over money wihtout questioning it's use. Would you?

Facts and proof...

It is said he endorsed Ayres book...wouldn't he have read it first? Wouldn't you? Would you endorse it?

#48     Sep 24, 2008
  9. Much of your facts are newspaper articles from media sources that support Mr. Obama...

Can we get a few links that actual prove these conclusions and don't just add more speculation?

#49     Sep 24, 2008
  10. Enjoy:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/votehistory/srollcalls91/pdf/src.html

You may be interested in this -- a graph of how many bills Obama sponsored (not including those he voted for) during his state Senate experience:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/07/29/us/politics/20070730_OBAMA_GRAPHIC.html

If this is fact? I can't answer for Obama, and the next time that he does a press conference you should ask him this question. I suspect given that Ayers has been convicted of absolutely nothing, and it was probably as part of a board decision that they both sat on, that this adds up to a grand total of nothing.

Yes, please.

First, let's see the Tribune article where he "endorsed" the book. You know, facts.

#50     Sep 24, 2008