How the CME’s New Micro E-Mini Futures Might Work to Your Advantage

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CaseyB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. sillyw10

sillyw10

the ES sep contract traded 773,234 contracts today during the NYSE session..what do think the delta was between up and down volume..answer will (+ or -) X number of contracts..lets see who gets the closest :)

#81     Jun 18, 2019
  2. Overnight - why would anyone trade 10 micros instead of one ES... And yes, swing trading is not 2-5 hour trades. That is day trading. Swing trading is buying and holding for 20-30 points which lasts more than one trading day 90% of the time.

#82     Jun 21, 2019
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Any time you hold a position overnight into the next trading day session...its consider a swing trade.

wrbtrader

#83     Jun 21, 2019
  4. I've found micros to be incredibly helpful with my trading so far.

I have been trying to consistently trade well with 1 lot on E-mini and it has it's pitfalls, due to being tied to only 1 position. With 1 position, comes a stronger sense of holding or "trying" to get the most of the trade. Very rigid type of trading.

With 10 lots on the micro, I am now able to manage the trade a lot better than with 1 lot on ES.
    If it takes out my S/L, I can either get out of all 10 lots or sell proportionately to the speed/break of it. If it reaches my first target on micro,(I can take some off just to book profit) (Whereas if I had 1 lot on ES, I would either sell or keep for more gain). I am more comfortable adding on pullbacks, I can actually hold a position overnight, etc.

All in all, I wish micros existed when I first started out. But from the many scars and lessons from trading 1 lot, I will utilize this new tool to the best of my ability :)

#84     Nov 14, 2019
  5. Excellent. Trade management is the Secret sauce.

#85     Nov 15, 2019