How the CME’s New Micro E-Mini Futures Might Work to Your Advantage

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CaseyB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

CME exchange fees were given last week. I don't have the link handy. They are like .20c, (but dependent on membership type/group). AMPs .40c all-in per side is double, and includes applicable routing fees. It is all-in cost PER SIDE. Again, based on MY setup, YMMV.

The biz model is clearly a small number multiplied by a larger number is a larger number!

#11     Apr 25, 2019
    CaseyB likes this.
  2. clacy

clacy

Impressive. This is great news. I guess CME is all in on getting some of the ETF market. Smart move by them.

#12     Apr 25, 2019
    CaseyB likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

I don't get it. The contract is $5 per point. It's not even feasible for small accounts to hedge ES options. It will die a quick death unless the comms are under $1 + NFA. At $5-$6 per RT they are an abomination. A point value in comms?!

#13     Apr 25, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Des, everything is basically divided by 10. What are you having difficulty with here?

Sincerely yours,

Confused.

#14     Apr 25, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

If I survive my current long shitfuck positions, I'll try to be the first to try to trade it and post the statements with AMP. It will show the whole skinny.

Everyone stop panicking!

#15     Apr 25, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Real classy there Des. What did I ever say to you to deserve a block?

"Blocked.

The point is that comms will be greater than the point value."

We knew there would be a bit of overlap on the profitability with how many contracts one should trade the micros due to the fee structure. We knew that just 1 ct might not be profitable.

But 3-5 cts? You'd escape the fees and be in profit, but still be below the risk of the full mini.

I forget which thread it is in, it is somewhere around here. But we (I) determined it to be a reasonable cost of doing the business of learning how to trade. It is simply another vehicle for people to be able to learn trading live with, and I for one embrace it on paper.

I am not sure how it could work on some "options heading" strategy, if that is what you are thinking of.

And since I am blocked, I'll retype it to you here.

If I survive my current long shitfuck positions, I'll try to be the first to try to trade it and post the statements with AMP. It will show the whole skinny.

Everyone stop panicking!

Although if you have me on block, how did you see my first post?

Sincerely yours,
    More confused.

#16     Apr 25, 2019
  7. vanv0029

vanv0029

The micro gold contract MGE (10 oz) had 7.5k volume today. For me I somehow watch the market better when I have a position.

#17     Apr 25, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly. Granted, the MGC has been established for quite some time, but it's not a Class IV milk thing. The micro equities will have volume!

#18     Apr 25, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

The only way these survive is if they reduce commissions on the micros. The gold is trading? What are people paying to trade micro gold?

#19     Apr 25, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

I missed this, thanks. Disregard. These will do fine if other shops follow suit on commissions.

#20     Apr 25, 2019