how the catholic church turns off young people.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

History is rather striking in that god always seems to want what those who invoke his name want. And it goes on to this very day.

#41     Apr 17, 2012
  2. stu

stu

The 2000 year old Enron trade with a horrendous drawdown that had it's margin call way back during the Enlightenment, though many traders totally taken in by the oldest trick in the book, deluded by it all, still imagine there can be a sudden rise in the invisible stock, just so long as everyone is dead!
    Beggars belief really.

#42     Apr 17, 2012
  3. Mnphats

Mnphats

This is a Catholic school dipshit...

#43     Apr 17, 2012
  4. whats interesting to me is that jesus, if anything, was a socalist yet his followers,especially on et, are so opposite. i think they should be glad there isnt really a god who will judge them.

Matthew 25:31-46
    New International Version (NIV)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
    34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

#44     Apr 17, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

The Egyptians thought there was an after life.

#45     Apr 17, 2012
  6. Proof #26 - Notice that the Bible's author is not "all-knowing"

Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe? For example, look though this small collection of Bible verses:

Deut 25:11-12
    Genesis 38:8-10
    Deut 21:18-21
    Ex 35:2
    Lev 20:13
    Isaiah 13:13-16
    Exodus 21:20-21
    1 Tim 2:11-12
    Col 3:22-23
    Luke 14:26
    Deut 22:13-21
    Isaiah 40:8
    These verses feel like utter nonsense, don't they? We can find thousands of verses like these in the Bible.
    So we are forced to ask a question: Why doesn't a book written by God leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight?

http://www.godisimaginary.com/i26.htm

#46     Apr 17, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Yes, we've both made that observation before and will no doubt continue to do so in the future.

#47     Apr 17, 2012
  8. Proof? You know as much about proofs as your ignoranus buddy, STUpid :p

#48     Apr 17, 2012
  9. stu

stu

So what fuckface.

#49     Apr 17, 2012
  10. Mnphats

Mnphats

The captive audience was Catholic. Then the idiotic mumbling of separation of church from state in a Catholic school? Come on Stupid.

#50     Apr 17, 2012