how the catholic church turns off young people.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jem

jem

1. If Shakespeare is so smart why didn't he write in modern English so you could understand it.
    2. If the Egyptians were so smart why didn't they write in modern English so you could understand it.

I hate it when people use historical languages and then we have to translate to the present.

#31     Apr 17, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

So you're comparing god to Shakespeare and the Egyptians, and you're saying that his use of language is dated? I think you can forget your celestial corner office.

#32     Apr 17, 2012
  3. i dont think they ever claimed to know the future. if god is perfect and all knowing we should expect to find incredible knowledge in the bible. instead what do we find? primitive superstition.

Rick Warren:

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

of course this includes mass murderers. god knew they would commit the crimes before they were born and wanted them to do their deeds.

#33     Apr 17, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Could you be more of a bonehead.
    Do you know anything about Hebrew.

Do you realize languages to east go right to left and to the west they go left to right.

do you know how exact hebrew can be?

#34     Apr 17, 2012
  5. rew

rew

Liberals don't think in a church or out of it.

#35     Apr 17, 2012
  6. Wallet

Wallet

He did it's just that most don't want to acknowledge or listen...... 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind, the second is like the first, Love your neighbor as yourself."

If everyone did just that, I wonder what kind of world it would be?

Maybe if people asked what God wanted instead of the other way around trying to use Him as a S&H Greenstamps catalog, they might actually get somewhere.

You like most just want to debate peripheral issues in an attempt to persuade.

#36     Apr 17, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Then how can god's word be subject to so much varied interpretation?

#37     Apr 17, 2012
  8. jem

jem

Educate much? Did you study chaucer in high school. did they teach you anything.

Its ironic the leftists pretend they are the educated ones. They refuse to apply their brain to any idea which does not fit their brainwashing.

#38     Apr 17, 2012
  9. people have been asking god what he wants ever since they invented him. he seems to give conflictng answers. its almost as if there is nothing up there and people just hear what they want to hear.

"the invisible and the nonexistent look very much alike"

#39     Apr 17, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

You missed the point, as usual. One would think that a supreme being would communicate in no uncertain terms, especially to us lower-order creatures, in order to make himself plain. Apparently not.

#40     Apr 17, 2012