How The American Empire Is Self-Destructing (just like the ones before us)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Please explain to me exactly what she did that was so nefarious.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    #51     Jan 14, 2020
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Exactly the mistake I made and openly admit it. That is how life works, people do make mistakes, and sometimes consequences can be significant. It will not happen again.

#52     Jan 14, 2020
    piezoe and Frederick Foresight like this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

It is all perceptions that we hold. I personally thought Hillary would have been a lesser evil (still did not vote), and after 3 years of Trump, it is evident to all but true believers.

Never thought I would hear US president calling free press enemy of the people. This alone makes him a bigger evil.

#53     Jan 14, 2020
  4. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Yes this is what I meant by...

There you go again assuming things which are false. This is your opinion, which I respect, but wholeheartedly disagree. There are Americans on this website (@Tsing Tao comes to mind) that, even though don't support a great deal of what Trump does to this day, still think that Trump is a lesser evil compared to Hillary. So, as you said it yourself: "It is all perceptions that we hold." Thus, it makes no sense to affirm right after this that "it is evident to all but true believers."

That's your perception. Which others don't necessarily hold. To be honest, when the "free press" engages in lies and with this intensity, trying to push an agenda, instead of informing people, it deserves to be called out and as long as he doesn't try to actually regulate what the press can or cannot say, he and anybody else can say whatever they want.

#54     Jan 14, 2020
  5. LacesOut

LacesOut

so much hyperbole...not enough time...

#55     Jan 14, 2020
  6. Sounds a lot like a Trump rally speech. Yet he always seems to have time for those, when not golfing or tweeting. Or initiating unsanctioned acts of war.

#56     Jan 14, 2020
  7. I understand your point and agree that the freedom of the press works both ways, we can call out the lies of the press just as much as the press has the right to call out the government on their stuff.

The press cannot openly lie without retribution. There are laws and punishments in place for when the press openly lies without any evidence. You are not referring to press lying, you are referring to bias in the press.

Well there is no law requiring lack of bias in the press, the Press in the U.S. has had a bias since before George Washington.

The free press is not engaging in lies they are simply pushing their bias, and sadly there is nothing wrong with that, that is what they do. What is wrong are stupid people who don't know that and take everything as true, that is what is happening in today's society.

However, when Trump calls all press the enemy of the people, he is not pointing out any lie he can counter with facts, he is trying to paint any press that mentions something negative about him as fake news and lies and that is stepping over the line.

The media has constantly shows instances where Trump has lied and nothing happens. Any media source that has a negative report on Trump is immediately labelled as fake news and an enemy. Trump never does anything wrong?

FOX News made millions on being the opposition news channel to Obama but nobody thought they were the enemy or should be shut down. They have their bias and they are entitled to it. we are entitled to tune in or not watch. We are not entitled to call for FOX NEWS to be shut down.

Press has absolute freedom and you get the good with the bad. Government has to STFU and bear it unless they can specifically demonstrate a violation of the law. calling the press enemy of the people and labeling everything fake news is how you brainwash the people to believe a free press should be abolished. FOX News and CNN are both the media and you take them both no matter what affiliation you are.

#57     Jan 14, 2020
    RedDuke likes this.
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

Yes he’s so evil he’s the first president in a generation to not initiate a war.
    Iran was just acting all peaceful and shit.
    You guys are deranged.

#58     Jan 14, 2020
  9. I suppose that being obtuse is the only way you can live with yourself.

#59     Jan 14, 2020
  10. Wallet

Wallet

There are members on the left that have and are calling for Fox to be shut down. I believe Warren the other day labeled Fox a hate for profit organization and called for its demise. The left has rabidly gone after Rush, Levin et al.

I believe what gets most conservatives is the coordinated narratives put out by the MSM. Yes Fox is biased, but they stand alone against the major 3 and cable networks. There is no unbiased reporting today, on agendas.

#60     Jan 14, 2020