How The American Empire Is Self-Destructing (just like the ones before us)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jan 12, 2020.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Do you recall primaries??? Essentially Hillary was "entitled" to win, but the moment serious opposition materialized (Sanders), they cheated him out of a chance to win. People typically do not respond well when others forcing shit upon them so openly.

#31     Jan 13, 2020
  2. What was Hillary's role in that?

And while she might not have been the life of the party, but she was smart, experienced and thoroughly vetted and investigated over a period of years. It was reported that even during her husband's administration she was often the decisive one, weighing in on important policy matters. I think she would have been a kick-ass president.

#32     Jan 13, 2020
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

comparing to what we have now no doubt. But we can not go back and change past.

#33     Jan 13, 2020
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Neither Obama nor Trump deserve credit for the ephemeral stock market, unless you are crediting them with appointing insane Fed chairmen.

#34     Jan 13, 2020
    Scataphagos likes this.
  5. I think she would have made a good president, period, and not only in comparison to a bumbling moron like Trump. She has impressive policy chops, extensive experience, and is decisive. Whatever the Democratic party's internal politics may have been, I see no reason why Democrats and other centrists would not have come together on election day and voted for her. Some smart people here may disagree, but that's my opinion and I stand by it.

Sorry to say, but anyone who voted for Trump or stayed at home deserved what they got: a Trumpster fire in the White House.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    #35     Jan 13, 2020
  6. DTB2

DTB2

What was her role in that? Are you fucking kidding me? She bankrolled the DNC you dope.

#36     Jan 13, 2020
    TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

and she would have obliterated Iran...and you would have cheered!
    How many million dollar speeches would her pedo husband been able to give in Moscow if she had won??

#37     Jan 13, 2020
    DTB2 likes this.
  8. Quite so.

And that is just the short version of things. I wont get into how she wired the dnc so that contributions to the dnc MUST pass along to her as a way of not only getting that cash but circumventing the contribution limitations to candidates. But you know what I am talking about. wink wink. So I will keep it short.

#38     Jan 13, 2020
  9. piezoe

piezoe

It is true that DNC funds came largely from Hillary's fund raising efforts, and she therefore thought she should be allowed to exercise considerable control over to whom and how much was dispersed. Although Bernie raised a lot of money for his campaign, he did not share anywhere near equally with regard to either raising DNC funds or access to those funds. And too, DNC insiders favored Hillary in several ways beyond fund distribution. Was Sanders entitled to better treatment from the DNC? There are different opinions, but it seems snubbing Bernie may not have been in Hillary's best interests. When the Russians hacked the DNC emails and released them to the public via Julian Assange, Bernie's supporters were not happy. Many stayed home on election day, helping elect, by their absence, America's first buffoon president.

#39     Jan 13, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  10. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

This seems a bit contradictory regarding what you wrote to @Wallet a few posts ago. If you consider you and other democrats not voting for Hillary a mistake in this context, there's not much sense in accusing people like @Wallet of not having principles or something along these lines because they voted for Trump.

It's the same thing here in Brazil. I didn't vote for Bolsonaro in the first turn, because I think he's a fucking idiot control freak. I voted for João Amoêdo, which was the candidate of what would be today's "Libertarian Party" here in Brazil. I was even warned not to do this and there were people who were upset with me because by not voting for him in the first turn, I was making it easier for his opponent of the Worker's Party (PT). But I voted for Amoêdo just the same, because he was the person most aligned with what I believe is right.

On the second turn, I had no option. And Bolsonaro was at least supporting Paulo Guedes as a Ministry of Economy who was trained in the Chicago School of Economics by Milton Friedman and the lot(who is completely in line with my beliefs as well). Still, the president was Bolsonaro who doesn't necessarily always understand what Guedes wants to do. I simply could not vote for the moron from the Worker's party.

#40     Jan 13, 2020