How The American Empire Is Self-Destructing (just like the ones before us)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jan 12, 2020.

1. stu

stu

For reasons of habit and outdated tradition politicians place their hand on the Bible for swearing to uphold the Constitution. They don't put their hand on the Constitution swearing to uphold the Bible.

You'd be more on point blaming evangelicals rather than liberals for losing your God and finding people like Trump.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    #21     Jan 13, 2020
  2. Why should religion be taught in schools outside of History class? It does not belong there.

You are free to go to a religion school if you think God commands you to replace science with fantasy.

#22     Jan 13, 2020
  3. DTB2

DTB2

/\ This, fueled by LBJ's Great Society has done more harm to blacks and America in general than anything else. Fathers replaced by entitlement programs, yeah that's a good idea.:rolleyes:

#23     Jan 13, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Wallet,

You and and the rest of evangelicals lost all credibility by voting and rooting for a guy whose whole life stands against everything you claimed to hold dear.

The biggest benefit of Trump presidency was that it exposed evangelicals as biggest hypocrites. I used to hold lots of respect for them, while I disagreed with their agenda. Now they nothing but hacks.

#24     Jan 13, 2020
  5. Yeah, that's why your queen is on our currency.

#25     Jan 13, 2020
  6. Wallet

Wallet

And we were supposed to vote for Hillary who stands against everything we hold dear and openly showed disgust towards evangelicals?

We didn’t vote for Trump the man, we voted for the platform he represented, namely pro-life, religious protection and judicial conservatism.

In the primaries I liked Cruz. If I could have my pick I vote Mike Huckabee. Trump won the primary, with the platform stated above.

Not saying you, but the Left’s hatred of the evangelical right is because what we hold dear is in direct opposition to today’s liberal agenda. That’s why you’ve seen a shift from most all protestant denominations towards the GOP. Go back 50 years and they were split pretty evenly between the parties. Then the Democratic party was seen as the working man’s friend, but the DNC’s focus has shifted from blue collar to fringe and minority focus, most of the values of the fringe left are in direct opposition to Christian values.

#26     Jan 13, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  7. Wallet

Wallet

I do place a lot of blame on the Laodicean church, but those are internal problems not the external threats posed by today’s liberal agenda.

#27     Jan 13, 2020
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

You either have morals and beliefs or you do not. You can not cherry pick when you stand by your beliefs and when you can set them aside. No one can get a little bit pregnant.

Trump won because of people like me. Many Democrats were disgusted with Hillary and did not vote. My reasoning for Trump loosing in 2016 was that he would not get huge evangelical support. Clearly I was wrong.

So evangelicals set their morals and beliefs aside, where us liberals (enough to loose election) refused to vote for Hillary.

Same mistake will not be repeated again.

#28     Jan 13, 2020
  9. Thus my comment about the state imposing their secular humanist religious beliefs in every aspect of school. The issue is no longer about teaching religion in school. That has been settled. It is about the government believing that everything must be free from religion. ie. that the state believes it has an affirmative obligation to hunt down and remove any vestiges of traditional religion and remove them and replace with Secular Humanism-the New Religion.

#29     Jan 13, 2020
  10. Why?

#30     Jan 13, 2020