How soon EOD price bars become available at Yahoo through YQL?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by elitetradesman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Usually, most data prividers do not immediately release EOD data after market close because they have to consolidate prices from different exchanges.

Anyone know how soon EOD data become available through YQL after market close?

Thanks.

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Last time I checked it was something like 5:30pm EST, but just keep on trying to download EOD data every 15 minutes and see what you get.

3. I ran a test a couple of times. It was available at 7:30 EST on the first day and at 7:50 EST on the next day.

4. Bob111

Bob111

What's wrong with regular url request? This way you can have the data 30 min after close.

5. d08

d08

That's lame, spamming the servers. This will ensure that soon there won't be any more (good) EOD data.

6. Numbers sometimes don't match.

7. Bob111

Bob111

hmmmm..that's why i don't trust YQL. i've tried to implement it to retrieve news from yahoo,but give up. for exact same reason. same request can and will return different results.
    i do have yql procedure to retrieve EOD quotes,but my 'preferred' method is good old url request. and results matched perfectly for all stocks in my universe(about 1000) all the time

8. Well they both could be right, except one may be reporting the closing auction price whereas the other is reporting the last tick.

I know that the csv yahoo provides for historical data reports the closing auction price.