How 'simple' is your trading system?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bjg, Aug 20, 2006.

1. as simple as menstruation?

#31     Aug 21, 2006
  2. This will not apply to cross-eyed seamstresses for obvious reasons.

#32     Aug 21, 2006
  3. I can feel it too. It Is palpable. Of course the monsoon and stolies gold helps... No we didn't touch it...lol

#33     Aug 21, 2006

4. Does this mean that your methods( rockets,wash, etc) can't be or shouldn't be used to trade just indexes of etf's ?

#34     Aug 21, 2006
  5. bjg

bjg

I am thinking of risking more and taking shorter term positions. Maybe even up to 4% per trade. Hitting 10 opportunities a month, if my win/loss came down to to 2:1, would yield about 8% using 2% risk - obviously higher the more I risk.

I am confident I could achieve 10-15% average per month if I hit 10 opportunities with 4% risk - compounded, over 200% per year.

#35     Aug 22, 2006
  6. Holmes

Holmes

My system is very simple.

Buy low frst, sell high ltr or sell high frst, buy low ltr. U c, vry smpl!

:D

#36     Aug 22, 2006
  7. Just charts and price action...

Charts (plural)... it's very complicating... Becomes "comfortable" with time.

In terms of automated trading systems, what is very "simple" like chart patterns, we discretionarily proclaim, becomes a very complicated code. For example, it's easy to say "Trend is UP" and have "a lot" of people agree. But coding that becomes very complicated due to fuzziness of the human perception towards a categorized market move.

There's a difference between "Comfortable" and "Simple". I'll keep my response "simple". :D :D :D

#37     Aug 22, 2006
  8. nitro

nitro

Hehehehehehe
    Heheheheheheh

nitro :D

#38     Aug 22, 2006
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have one strategy that requires 1-2 trades a day, no chart. Beat that...

#39     Aug 22, 2006