How 'simple' is your trading system?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bjg, Aug 20, 2006.

1. You have a monitor and keyboard set up next to the commode?

- Spydertrader

#21     Aug 21, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

I want a table, now! :D

#22     Aug 21, 2006
  3. No, but I have codes that tell me when NQ traders worldwide feel an unbearable need to take a piss near the end of a long midday consolidation. All I can tell you is that traders time their potty breaks similar to the way in which they place their stops. Wall Street has a more accurate method than mine, instantaneous nationwide water pressure monitoring.

#23     Aug 21, 2006
  4. For example, it is now 12:25 ET. NQ has been in a 2-3 tick consolidation for 15 minutes. Precisely when everybody says "Nothing's happening, I can go take a piss", over 1000 block market orders will smash the consolidation (probably down, but I'm not betting). My E-Signal codes have me locked out of trading. The only place I can go until it unlocks is ET. Everybody THINKS the BO will occur on the half hour. If it does, it will be phony. At least five minutes more of agony must be suffered.

#24     Aug 21, 2006
  5. It is now 12:35, pain time is over, and any NQ traders reading may now short with impunity.

#25     Aug 21, 2006
  6. Careful hypo, your posts seem to suggest the existence of a relationship between price and volume. Why else would you code Esignal to lock you out of trading during such anemic times? :D

- Spydertrader

#26     Aug 21, 2006
  7. Thank you all for supporting my long. That is how a proper guru does it. I tell you to short, and I go long.

ST, we have had this discussion before. In the micro, price generally leads volume. How you all manage to think it does the opposite in the macro is a mystery to me.

Bailed at 1569.75.

#27     Aug 21, 2006
  8. 4re

4re

I trade this way. I use support and resistance for my main trading and then do scalps using Flags and pennants. I do have Bollinger Bands on my charts but that is all. I have traded this way for years in stocks, options and now in futures. Has worked for me but it does take some study and practice.

#28     Aug 21, 2006
  9. How 'simple' is your trading system?

What are indicators?

Oh and my system is so simple 95% of all trader will fail using it. :D

that's how simple it is :cool:

#29     Aug 21, 2006
  10. JH, this is one of your best posts ever. Truly legendary. Thanks.

#30     Aug 21, 2006