How should we get Pakistan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thehitman, Mar 1, 2012.

1. rew

rew

Indeed.

#11     Mar 2, 2012
  2. India is not a strong ally of the USA, this is a very common misconception because they are the world's largest(flawed) democracy.

But the truth is that Pakistan has always been much closer to the USA both diplomatically and militarily than India. India has always sourced its arms from Russia/Soviet Union.

During the Indian pakistani conflicts, the USA consistently supported the Pakistan military with arms and at one stage was very close to intervening on behalf of Pakistan in 1971 where many of its airbases in the middle east were put on high alert after Pakistan was in danger of being overrrun by the Indian military. This has been supported by declassified documents.

Also, the Indian political establishment have since independence been very wary and skeptical of the west due to their past experience with colonialism.

#12     Mar 2, 2012
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Here is my suggestion.

[​IMG]

#13     Mar 2, 2012
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Actually this is NOT true. India purchases most of their military equipment from the United Kingdom, followed by France, then Israel, followed by other EU countries.

The latest deal was a $11B deal in 2011 with Dassault Aviation in France for medium multirole combat aircraft to replace India's current Mirages.

#14     Mar 2, 2012
  5. Thank you for your comments but this is actually not accurate depending on what time frame you are talking about. I am aware of the Dassault deal but it does not abrogate the fact that India for much of its history has sourced arms from Russia. It is wholly possible in very recent history EU arms sales might have eclipsed that of Russia's as it tries to re-invigorate its outdated Soviet Union inventory, but a cursory glance still shows that many of its hardware are of Russian origin.

http://www.sldinfo.com/russian-indian-arms-deals-hold-steady-but-for-how-long/

" India is replacing the PRC as the world’s leading arms importer. Until now, Soviet and Russian suppliers have provided about two-thirds of India’s military imports. Russia should remain India’s largest defense partner for at least several years given that the two countries have already signed arms deals worth over $15 billion in future transactions. Nonetheless, growing competition from Western companies and the increasing sophistication of India’s indigenous defense industry could lead New Delhi to buy fewer Russian weapons over the next decade."

#15     Mar 2, 2012
  6. #16     Mar 2, 2012
  7. This thread is not about India. I don't care about India. This thread is about getting the Pakistanis.

#17     Mar 2, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

Jake, why do we need to get Pakistan? We could just leave them to their own misery. They live in caves and shacks.

#18     Mar 2, 2012
  9. WE make them play the '' hide and seek game'' . . . . tell them to hide, then we steal their nukes and run away . :mad: .

#19     Mar 2, 2012
  10. OK, I like that. If we can get their nukes and shut them down from more getting nukes, that's fine. The main thing is that we should not allow Pakistani nukes to get into the hands of other muzzies, cos that will threaten Israel. Once we've got their nukes, we should send a message to 'em for sheltering Osama. I say we flatten at least one of their cities. Then we can let them be, cos I am sure the Indians will be happy to finish 'em off.

#20     Mar 3, 2012