How safe is our money?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qdz, Nov 25, 2002.

1. qdz

qdz

Oops, I wasn't remembering this is not a PDT thread. Anyhow, I have only such small trading capital. That's why I'd make sure it is not risked. I take care of trading risks. And regulators and brokers please be helpful on minimizing other risks.

#11     Nov 26, 2002
  2. stokhack

stokhack

qdz,

Retail brokers are ok with your money, prop. firms need a little more due diligence if your capital is at risk. Your system may be good for daytrading but a good trader can trade any market with a little practice within the boundaries of performance. Revise your parameters for short term trades to rebuild your account back to daytrade amount. Many have had to do this before and it may take a few months but it will happen. Check out Chartman on thestreet.com and alan farleys hardrightegde.com, keep lot size small so you can have big stops and the trades have room to breathe. Best of luck.

#12     Nov 26, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

Thanks very much. That's a good suggestion to everybody.

But stokhack, how about theft risk? At least the brokerage firms should be willing to take responsibility and enhance security to comfort us. :) Thank you.

:p

#13     Nov 26, 2002
  4. TGregg

TGregg

One easy thing to do is to use strong passwords. I'm sure that very few (if any) of us here at Elite use Sex or Password as passwords to our trading accounts. But, you should use even stronger passwords that conform to the following rules:

1. At least one upper case and one lower case character
    2. At least 8 characters long
    3. At least one alpha and one numeric character

That would be the minimum that you should do. All my "important" passwords are at least 12 characters long and do not contain words.

#14     Nov 27, 2002