How sad is this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackstone54, Apr 8, 2008.

1. balda

balda

Investors with additional contributions (dollar cost average) started in 2000 will have a greater advantage over investors who started in 2006.

#11     Apr 8, 2008
  2. +$50 is still better than the negative return on s&p :D

#12     Apr 8, 2008
  3. What makes you think you know what the “regular” investor does or knows or even watches on TV?

How much investment capital do you thing your “regular” investor would actually have in the market if he were dumb enough to have his sole view on the market shaped buy 1, 2 or 3 minute guest commentators on CNBC?

Why do you always assume that the majority of people believe that CNBC is the gospel and not just a TV network whose focus is business and capital markets?

#13     Apr 8, 2008

4. How sad its when you went on a rampage to short sell and bear raid all these nice stocks in your depressed gloomy delusional temper tantrum.... What we are left with is carnage of damaged charts of SPX, INDU, NDX, SPY, IWM. It will take at least a year to get back to where we were once before. How sad to tear down your own charts and leave nothing for another day.

Did you think this through when your raiding and raping like a full blown lunatic? Shorting rallies and running to the hills filled with doom and gloom and now you come back to peel whatever is left of it...How sad indeed!

#14     Apr 8, 2008
  5. Hey, Im just doing what the market is telling me to do. The market told me last year that it could not get above its year 2000 high. That was a clear sign to all present to simply go short or buy puts.

The market is still giving me signs. Its clear to me that these rallies are nothing more then reactionary and only temporary.

The bulls have one shot, one shot only and that is if those two last bottoms were a double bottom similiar in nature to the one that occurred in 2002, Summer of 2006 and Feb 2007. If the price pulls back to the middle line and then surges forward I would say the bull case just might be there.

However, traders and market participants are still insisting on using margin. No sir, its not the short sellers that are causing this, but those bulls that insist that margin is the only way to go. On any pullback, your going to see those on margin selling hard in order to meet their calls. Young foolish traders who think their the best using full leverage and then those Hershey-esque traders who thought all their money was made from some lunatic system that no one can figure out.

We are in a period similiar to the 1970s. In the 70s, we had a dishonest Republican President (Nixon-Bush) and now we will probably have an ineffective gimmicky next President (Carter-Obama-Clinton-you choose) We are only half-way through this madness and the only way to get through is to listen to able minded contrarian traders like myself. Look at traditional trading methods that have worked for hundreds of years such as trend lines, fibnoacci retracements, and classic chart patterns like the head&shoulders.

Put that Hershey trade station down, stop listening to Atticus's math-based mystery and start listening to good trading logic. This is the only way you will make it through the next 8 years until we are clear of this madness then you can go back to those foolish systems that will only work in a surging bull market.

http://www.nyxdata.com/nysedata/asp...=278&category=8

#15     Apr 8, 2008
  6. day7793........1375....for the 5th day in a row,,,wheres the bull market?

#16     Apr 9, 2008