How sad and pathetic is this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 29, 2003.

1. bush vs. clinton in '04 would be very interesting - sort of an over-the-top indictment of the US political system, where the choice given to the people would be between two of the most passionately hated, dishonest, despicable people in the public arena. a 'lesser of two evils' choice, with no 'lesser'.

and it would make for great television - wonder if that has anything to do with the attention given to the possibility.

#21     Oct 30, 2003

2. excellent point....you have kid avanging his dads loss, now be challenged by the wife ....hatfield vs MCcoys!

#22     Oct 30, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, that was funny. The two facts I was referring to is one, she did say she wanted to be President so this is a fact. The second fact is if a democrat wins in 2004, she will not run against an incumbent in 2008. Legally maybe there is a way to do it, but whoever that person is would never agree to such a deal. Do you know how bad that would look. So based on these two FACTS, what would your game plan be. You really have only one option, well I guess two. You could either jump in the race in 2004 as a wildcard out of nowhere and violate the promise you made about fulfilling your entire senate term, or you have to set your own party up for failure in 2004. This is it. There isn't anything to argue here.

Why won't she wait till 2012? Because every passing month there seems to be more and more dirt coming out about what went on during the Clinton administration. Over the next nine years I'm sure we are going to have it all. Her reputation could be very tarnished. And who's to say that another female democrat does not emerge in that window that could take the spotlight away from Hillary? Trust me, 2004 is a done deal. Four more years of Bush.

#23     Oct 30, 2003
  4. maxpi

maxpi

The Dems will run a throw-away in 2004, nobody they have will beat GW. Hillary is not going to be the throw-away, Clark would be perfect, they could get some military presence in their image and keep the anti-war dems happy at the same time. Hillary will run in 2008 and probably be defeated.

#24     Oct 30, 2003
  5. msfe

msfe

[​IMG]

"And there's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind,
    that we will fail. Failure is not a part of our vocabulary."

— G. W. Bush

(Source: US Newswire)

#25     Oct 30, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Once again you add nothing of value to a thread. Are you trying to set some kind of record for the most amount of useless posts?

#26     Oct 30, 2003
  7. Don't worry Mav. No one can touch you!

#27     Oct 30, 2003
  8. You are wrong to think that no one can beat George Bush. There is one man out there who can assure that he will not have a second term, and his name is George Bush.

#28     Oct 30, 2003
  9. A politician breaking a promise?

"Read my lips" that has never happened, has it?

People who think they know what will happen a year from now are like people who think they know where the market will be a year from now.

Trade what you see, vote what you see when it is time to vote.

#29     Oct 30, 2003
  10. George Bush has vowed to prevail against that one man.

#30     Oct 30, 2003