How Retarded is the GOP?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Obviously you skipped all the posts in this thread as the main points went right over your head.

#51     Nov 10, 2011
  2. Ok, let me try this another way Maverick, your vote, no matter what state you live in, will never decide anything. It's one vote. The only way your particular vote could actually decide the outcome of an election is if there was a tie and yours was the tie breaking vote. You don't need to be a statistician to figure out that the odds of that in a national election or a presidential primary are astronomical. You'd have a better shot at winning the lottery tbh.

So basically Maverick, you have the wrong idea about voting. It cannot be wasted unless you fail to vote for the candidate that best represents you. When we last discussed this I posed you the question, which candidate represents you...you said none of them. Your stance appears to be the same as it was. No dog in the fight.

Also, we are talking about the primaries right now so why you bring the fact that Ill is a blue state into the discussion is way beyond me. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why it matters that Illinois is a liberal state in the Republican primary.

BTW, Ron Paul IS someone other than Obama. In our first conversation you explained to me how you used to be a Ron Paul supporter and still believed many of his positions are correct. However, the other Paul supporters were a little too zealous for you and so you had an epiphany..."you had nothing in common with those people". Since you still espouse some of Dr Paul's beliefs I fail to make the connection there but whatever.

Anyone but Barack Hussein Obama? That might be the dumbest most shortsighted thing I've heard on these forums yet...and remember...this is the place where Jake Jones frequents. What if the anyone you vote for happens to be worse than Obama? What, you think things can't get worse? You believe Obama is truly the son of the devil and simply cannot be outdone negatively? If so, I find that stance to be most naive...but it sure does explain why you wish to converse with me like a 5 yr old.

#52     Nov 10, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

DAS, I think you are a nut. OK. Is that fair enough for you? I've been a libertarian most of my life. Probably center left as a youngster. I do NOT want a libertarian President even if he best represents me. I want a president that best represents the country. This isn't my country, it's our country. The fact of the matter is, there is NO candidate that best represents ME personally. Our country is beyond saving at this point. We have a nation full of addicts and a Ron Paul can't save them by taking away their drugs. I choose to support someone who is NOT dogmatic in their views and who is not an absolutist.

This might come as a shock to you, but I have admired many democratic presidents in the past, probably more then republicans. I want a president that best represents the people of the US, not ME. It's not about ME or YOU.

You are no different then a door to door bible thumper. You show up at my door and refuse to leave until I take your bible and subscribe to your views. Well, I'm not going to do that. My views in life have evolved with age and experience. Some of my views are liberal, some conservative and many are libertarian. I don't believe in a one size fits all model. This is the same process by how I trade. I'm flexible. I might be bearish as hell today and bullish tomorrow. I don't subscribe to absolute points of view. You see only one path. I see several.

I just hope you are not as dogmatic in whatever profession you work in as you are on this forum. You'll go broke fast.

#53     Nov 10, 2011
  4. Wow, what a rambling dissembling pile of dung you just created...are you proud of it? Your a libertarian but you don't want a libertarian president? Did I read that right?

Your post is so all over the place it is difficult to know where to begin but let's try this point by point:

Actually it's both, and at the same time even.

John F Kennedy is my favorite president.

You just said, only a few sentences ago, that you have been a libertarian most of your life. Ron Paul is libertarian. Did I miss something?

Only two problems with this analogy; one, this forum is not your front door. Two, YOU showed up in a thread I started.

Nor do I, which is why Ron Paul makes the most sense. He will reign in the bloated fedgov. Something tells me you know this already.

Groovy. A flexible approach in trading tends to work best, due to the high volatility of the markets...especially these days. I have not called your trading prowess into question, just your understanding of politics and voting.

Finally, I've noticed you tend to get upset when people disagree with you but this is really out there. I make a well reasoned point explaining how your vote will never decide anything, and therefore cannot be wasted (dark blue machine or not) and you call me crazy. You seem to do this whenever I make a point you cannot counter...you just move in another direction. Perhaps that's part of your being flexible...but it certainly doesn't give you any credibility.

#54     Nov 10, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

One of the first time i have ever agreed with you, this whole thread is a moot point because there isnt a hope in hell that Ron paul is going to run third party, he was already talking to Chris Wallace and he said that there was no chance that he would run third party, because in his eyes a third party candidate cant win, he then went on to bitch about the current 2 party system we have, and how it has to change so that a third party candidate has a chance.

I will throw down money against anyone on this site that Ron Paul will not run as a third party candidate.

#55     Nov 10, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you stepping below my offer? LOL. I'm trying to make some coin here Max. I thought DAS might step up. Turned out to be a mook. :)

#56     Nov 10, 2011
  7. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, I will Penny you till we hit zero on this one, you offer .74 im in at .73, you go .72 im in at .71.....like those ignorant fucking bots that you always see on the illiquids in the first half hour. :D

#57     Nov 10, 2011
  8. Yo momma's a mook. Thanks for making my point ever so eloquently :)

#58     Nov 10, 2011
  9. "Ron Paul would not pledge to rule out a third-party run for president if he did not get the Republican nod. Paul said he is running for the Republican nomination and to make such an announcement now would undermine his current campaign."

http://www.dailypaul.com/185012/ron-paul-does-not-rule-out-a-third-party-run

Basically, he is telling his supporters that if the money keeps coming in, he'll keep going regardless.

Oh, and as to your offer of a wager, how about this, IF Ron Paul fails to garner the Republican nod (and we will probably know well before the end of the primary), I say he runs third party. If I am wrong, I will never post here again. If you are wrong, you disappear from this forum...truth be told, your name really bothers me ;) Is it a bet?

#59     Nov 10, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Sure, if he runs as a third party candidate i will leave, if he doesnt run as a third party candidate you leave, and if he wins the republican nomination neither of us leave..... are the terms clear?

#60     Nov 10, 2011