how prop firm works?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sgrcesco, Jan 9, 2007.

1. In general, the stategies that work well (lower risk, higher reward) such as Pairs, mergers, opening only, market making, etc. tend to be capital intensive, and require the "use" of (not "abuse" of) a $million or more. Not simply "leverage" but a whole different world of trading techniques become available.

(of course, some people can make money with less, but for the most part, it takes capital)

Don

#11     Jan 12, 2007
  2. sgrcesco

sgrcesco

"A p&l record of a few years does all the talking necessary"

General you are right, but think on sell option...it is an high risk strategy ..but..if you have sold index option in the last 4 years you would had made a lot a lot of money (as some y friends done and me too if i have tell you the true...) cuz volatility..
    But it doesn't mean that you are a good trader but just "fooled by randomness"...don't you think......

"In general, the strategies that work well (lower risk, higher reward) such as Pairs, mergers, opening only, market making, etc. tend to be capital intensive, and require the "use" of (not "abuse" of) a $million or more. Not simply "leverage" but a whole different world of trading techniques become available.

(of course, some people can make money with less, but for the most part, it takes capital)"

Right..if you have a lot of money ....you have more probability don't broke....(blow up....) but.....the return it would less in percent.....

Anyway I was looking for an answered of my question..and i got it....thank a lot...

But now...to make a step ahead...as i told you i live in milan....and i am quite sure that there is not many prop firm here now....(for investment regulations in italy i think...)
    Do i have to move abroad to join a prop firm or there are other alternative?

Thank a lot again..
    Francesco

#12     Jan 13, 2007
  3. sgrcesco

sgrcesco

UP

#13     Jan 15, 2007
  4. sgrcesco

sgrcesco

up

#14     Jan 16, 2007
  5. why not try phoning some prop shops up and see if they will back you and let you trade remotely... it'd be a long shot, especially if you arent inclined to show them your "random" track record, as I doubt any firms would take anyone seriously who couldnt prove consistent results over a reasonable period of time.

If they wont back you remotely, then you got your answer: you'll have to move abroad to trade at a firm if thats what you want to do, or else trade your own cash, or get another job. Problem solved.

I'm surprised you arent contacting Enigma again however, since they are an established prob who are based right in your own city. Why consider a move abroad when you could trade with them right there in Milan? your lack of persistence speaks volumes.

#15     Jan 16, 2007
  6. sgrcesco

sgrcesco

Hi
    First...I am not a very good trader.....I worked as option and futere trader for a private firm started up by some guys some years ago ....then i was hired by an Investment Bank as Equity Derivatives Trader...now I change my job and I work in an Financial Market as Market Supervisor...NO TRADING...
    I had worked as trader for more then three years...I lose money and I made money...I do not realy like be a structued trader...I prefer be a prop trader....I prefer Forex and Future then Equity.... Cash then Option....

I trade with my own money in FX market....I do well...but I do not make a lot of trade....no more then 10 per week and I do not have a lot of money (let say 20.000 dollar..)....i do not make volume.....I was wondering what an prop trader can do better for me them my broker...

second.....I think that less you trade more you can gain...but it is my opinion.....

third....yes...if i can work with a prop trader in milan it could be better....
    US is full of this company.....But as long as I do not have the right permit to live in US....(i am italian....) i cannot move there...

Thanks....

#16     Jan 16, 2007
  7. US prop is all about stocks, London is king of the futures and FX prop shop. You're in the EU, you dont even need a visa.

#17     Jan 16, 2007
  8. sgrcesco

sgrcesco

Right...thanks for the Tip...

#18     Jan 16, 2007
  9. dbldown

dbldown

Fitting how their video is modelled after Guy Richie's format in Snatch and Lock Stock. Theyre based in Milan though. I found this amusing.

#19     Feb 21, 2007
  10. do you need a series 7 to become a prop trader or do they make exceptions if you are good?

#20     Feb 21, 2007