How private clinics/doctors will replace the income lost to healthcare plan?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Jul 20, 2009.

1. It is a business and that's why 98% of Doctors that I know (and I know many) hate it. And can't wait until they're 59.5 yrs old so they start spending all that tax-deferred income they've built up over the years.

#31     Jul 21, 2009
  2. wave

wave

The dental and medical practices send their staff or have consultants come in to teach them how to up-sell treatments to patients that they really don't require. They have got a whole sales plan custom outfitted for you.

#32     Jul 21, 2009
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Thinking about what was accomplished by your risking your life in Vietnam and what the justifications were could make a person realize that there are a lot of smart people that make poor decisions, especially in their youth, such as risking ones life in a senseless war or wasting time watching American Idol.

#33     Jul 21, 2009
  4. Well, back then there was forced conscription.. a mandatory service draft.

Most of us didn't object to the idea too much because it wasn't all that far removed from WWII and Korea.. where our fathers had served. We mostly accepted the notion that military service was a duty.

Now days, if my son said he wanted to join the military... I'd have a talk with him about "you'd not REALLY be serving the country, but rather unwittingly being a mercenary goon for politico's and big oil's financial interest". And if he didn't see the light, I'd have to knock him on his ass!

#34     Jul 21, 2009