How predictive is volume to index futures?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Susannah, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Damn I've been trading "parasites", and didn't even know it.

#41     Apr 26, 2008
  2. romanus, do you have an English version of the entire article?

#43     May 4, 2008
  3. Volume is for those that need a crutch to base a trade upon because they have not yet matured to understanding price action in and of itself.

The "Q" is: How predictive is volume to index futures?

Predictive for what? The "Q" itself is stupid. Volume itself is only after the fact. There have been a few idiots around here that are blowing smoke up others shorts telling them volume is the answer. The answer to what?

I can sit there and look at a chart and predict where price should, might, maybe etc go because history of price tells me how price reflects fear and greed. Volume as a look back historic view has nothing at all to do in telling what price will do next. NOTHING!!!!

Intuition is a skill of professionals in the game they tread because they have traveled the proper path. Even considering volume as a predictor of what price will do next is at best a joke.

Volume is a distraction, volume is old news, done, over, FUDGETTABOUTIT.

Traders can not think their way out of danger, why waste your time and efforts trying to consider volume when you and i have no fucking clue who will do next based on old volume data.

Mend your ways and think price and price only..................You can not think your way out of danger. Intuition over calculations.

Some are trying to tell us channel trading and volume are the answer. channels are for trains, not for trading.. Do not let this also become your whole trading platform. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSNOy2qUZ6Q&NR=1

#44     May 4, 2008
  4. What does someone have to hide who posts under one alias, and a few hours later, posts under another username? Batterup / Bighog your posts reveal your own character. Those you bash hide nothing, yet, once again, you need two usernames to bash people on this forum.

Class act.

- Spydertrader

#45     May 4, 2008
  5. #46     May 4, 2008
  6. Unfortunately no.

#47     May 4, 2008
  7. agreed. Marketvolume used to spam me constantly with offers. Every time I looked at their stuff, their record was anemic at best...

#48     May 4, 2008
  8. Your opinion is duly noted.

#49     May 4, 2008
  9. Volume precedes price:

p 87: Mastering Technical Analysis, John C. Brooks

p 56: Technical Analysis Explained : The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points,
    Martin J. Pring

p 34: Short-Term Trading in the New Stock Market, Toni Turner

p 288: Financial Freedom Through Electronic Day Trading, Van K. Tharp and Brian June

p 112: Investor's Business Daily Guide to the Markets (Paperback - Oct 8, 1996)

pp. 83-98: "Overreaction, Rational Expectations, and the Relationship Between Security Prices and Trading Volume," Christopher K. Ma, David A. Lindsley, and Frank J. Fabozzi, Research in Finance, Vol. 10 (1992)

#50     May 4, 2008